The Ishii Watch - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

The Ishii Watch

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ishii of course

Postby 2times » Mon Apr 29, 2002 1:53 am

Although Ishii has been a stud so far, i'm thinking about putting him in a deal with some other players and getting Beckett (who's also been a stud, if somewhat lesser so far) in this deal to replace Ishii in my rotation. I know the deal is in my favor without Ishii and Beckett involved, but do u think there will be a big difference between the two SP this year? Which guy would you rather have for the rest of the year nonkeeper?
2times

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon Apr 29, 2002 6:45 am

It's pretty much a toss-up. Both might drop in value a bit in the second half. The risk with Beckett is the high number of pitches he's throwing, while Ishii might be more hittable as the league becomes familiar with him. If this will clinch a good deal for you, by all means add the sp swap.

Personally, I'd be happy with either one, perhaps with a very slight edge to Beckett, in spite of Florida's bullpen. Similar risks, with a slightly higher upside. If it's a keeper league, though, you naturally really, really want Beckett.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Chicago » Sun May 05, 2002 8:54 pm

Ishii is now 6-0 after defeating the Cubs Saturday with a 4 hit, 7 K performance. Once again, Ishii showed some control problems with 5 walks, but who can complain about that anymore when the fact is, he's winning. Ishii owners--enjoy the ride!!
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Not a five category guy...

Postby JaSokol » Mon May 06, 2002 4:40 pm

Yes, he's a #2 guy, BUT 1. his WHIP will drive you crazy, 2. his ERA will be solid but not league leading, and 3. although he is 6-0, wins are the one category that is totally out of your players control.
JaSokol
T-Ball Trainer

Postby Arlo » Tue May 21, 2002 6:16 am

For those watching Ishii, he'll start on Thursday instead of Tuesday this week due to soreness in his hip. Watch his next start closely.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Chicago » Sun Jul 14, 2002 2:37 pm

Ahh, Ishii, now that the pre and early season hype has faded, we can judge you somewhat more objectivley. Not much has really changed from my standpoint on Ishii since a month ago. 11 wins, an era under four, and 101 K's in 100 innings pitched is the upside, but the 1.55 WHIP is the ugly side. Really ugly. I'd be looking to deal Ishii and soon.
Chicago
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:27 pm

You're right - all those baserunners are enough to make any owner wince in pain. The wins and k's sure are nice, though...

At any rate, Ishii is certainly one of the interesting pitchers to come along in a while.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers