Pitching Strategy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Pitching Strategy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby trippinonreality » Sat Jun 05, 2004 3:50 pm

I use the same strategy although our minimum is alot higher than 7 innings. I usually see if their first starter gets lit up or is lights out. I he gets lit up then I am more bold in who I start and if he is lights out than I look at the splits and see who my pitcher pitches well against. My only question is with this league setup why didn't you pick hitters in the first 7 rounds and then start grabbing relievers like krod, lidge, dotel, and like one good starter. Your team would literally be unstoppable. Our minimum is 35 innings to discourage things like that but that number is still a joke. My team is beat up right now but I still dominate all offensive categories since I waited for a while on the bulk of my pitching. Another thing it allowed me to do was overload in certain positions to use as trade bait, which is how I got Prior. I'd look into making some trades to trim some of the dead weight off of my team. If you have any pitchers that have a good name and win but don't fill out the statsheet like tim hudson or someone like that I'd look to trade him. When you try to toe the inning minimum you have to make sure whoever you do throw can dominate like schill, unit or prior.
trippinonreality
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zethos » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:20 pm

Should I pick up any of the free agents I listed above?

Thanks
Zethos
College Coach
College Coach

Postby CrazyPooja90 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:56 pm

Zethos wrote:It is a 20 team league. I don't know much about relief pitchers, but some of Yahoo's top ranked in free agency are: Takatsu, Lidge, Perisho, Lima, C. Cordero. As far as I can tell none of the other teams in the league have realized that RP could be more valuable then SP. Thanks.

Lima is getting starts. Cordero might replace Biddle, and Lidge is a K God. I might pick up either of the three.
"I'm going to meet the greatest umpire of all, and he knows I'm innocent."

-Shoeless Joe Jackson
CrazyPooja90
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers