ESPN Baseball for Xbox - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

ESPN Baseball for Xbox

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

ESPN Baseball for Xbox

Postby ironman » Fri Jun 04, 2004 2:43 pm

Just got it last week. I was a big fan of World Series 2K3 so I was able to easily get into the groove with this one. '

Some new features I like:

I like the new confidence meter they've added. Your players can increase and decrease their confidence based on how they play, the meters fluctuate throughout each game.

I like the option of playing Exhibition games with the National Teams (USA, Dominican Republic, etc.). The Dominican Team is killer!

I like how the pitch selection works now compared to WS2K3. Before you had to hit one button and aim your analog in a certain direction to choose a pitch. Now each pitch is designated its own button (X,Y,A,B).

Defensive movement is a little better, especially when diving for balls.

Things I don't like:

All in all I like the game but their graphics took a little bit of turn downward from last year. On 2K3 the player faces looked much better, despite the fact that a lot of the non-Allstar players had the same generic faces, but when you saw Sosa or Bonds it looked like them. This year's game is awful when it comes to their faces. Sosa looks like he was bludgeoned with the ugly stick beyond recognition. Plus there body shapes seem a bit off from before. Those are still minor compared to the overall gameplay which is good.

Overall I give the game a B+. I like the gameplay but if they could improve the graphics back up to at least the standards they had in WS2K3 it would be great.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ajgnydc722 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:48 pm

I haven't played it but I heard and read from reviews that it was bad. Really bad. I heard the graphics are horrible and everything about the game is a turnoff. People that I've heard from returned it the same day they bought it for MVP 2004.

But to each his own. I loved ESPN Football and WSB 2k3 last year but decided to get MVP this year.
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Madison » Sat Jun 05, 2004 2:32 am

My X-Box is currently out of commission. It got hit by a bolt of lightning Wednesday night. 8-o Well, ok, not directly, but my satellite dish got hit and it sent the power through the tv, into the surround sound dvd system, and into the X-Box. The satellite, tv, and X-Box did not survive the hit. Amazingly enough, the dvd surround system and the vcr survived 8-o . Sad part is that the entire entertainment center was hooked into a surge protector, but the cable for the satellite was the only way in without hitting the surge protector. Oh well, I'll end up replacing the X-Box I'm sure. ;-)
Yes doctor, I am sick.
Sick of those who are spineless.
Sick of those who feel self-entitled.
Sick of those who are hypocrites.
Yes doctor, an army is forming.
Yes doctor, there will be a war.
Yes doctor, there will be blood.....
Madison
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

ExecutiveEditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby ironman » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:16 am

ajgnydc722 wrote:I haven't played it but I heard and read from reviews that it was bad. Really bad. I heard the graphics are horrible and everything about the game is a turnoff. People that I've heard from returned it the same day they bought it for MVP 2004.

But to each his own. I loved ESPN Football and WSB 2k3 last year but decided to get MVP this year.

Honestly the gameplay hasn't changed much from WSB 2K3, just the graphics.
Wendigo's Camaro
ironman
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 94)

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:38 pm

Maybe not, but isn't the point of the game to improve?
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

Return to General Talk