1B-Helton
2B-Spivey & Durham
3B-Hillenbrand
SS-Batista
OF-Jacque Jones
OF-Berkman
OF-Steve Finley
Util-Thome

Do you have any advice about that lineup?Anyone you think I should try to trade, and do you think I should try to trade Spivey while his stock is high and try to get a solid SP, cause I need help in pitching. I know I need to get rid of Batista and Finley while their stock's high, but any other advice about my lineup? Also, I have 4 RP's, Eddie Guardado, Vladimir Nunez, Eric Gagne, and Jose Jimenez, is 4 RP's too many? Do you think I should try to trade some RP for SP?If so wich one's should I trade?Thanks for any help
n_tremain23

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:17 am

Random thoughts:

If you need help on the mound, trading Spivey is a good idea. Durham will be fine. Interest in Spivey should pick up once he shows that his hamstring is fine.

Jacque Jones is another guy whose value might be at a high now. His numbers against lefties are still hideous, and his playing time might suffer (and if it doesn't, you don't want his stats from those games anyway). His value is high - I'd be looking to trade.

I don't think four closers is too much (ok, I'm a bit biased, and would probably also say that twelve isn't too much...) in principle, but if you need another solid starter, dealing one would be wise. While it would be nice to move Jimenez, it's possible that other teams won't give you reasonable value due to the Coors factor; Nunez might be a better bet. However, with those four, I'd be willing to talk about dealing any of them. If you receive a tremendous offer for Gagne, by all means take it and run.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Thanks alot...one more question....

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:41 pm

Thanks a whole lot Arlo, your a big help man. I've got one more questions for you though, one team has Roy Halladay, would you trade Spivey or any of those closers for him? He's had such a good first half of the season, but i'm not sure about him and if he can keep it up the rest of the season. Another team has a few solid starters that I was looking at, namely Pedro Astacio, Bartalo Colon, Tim Hudson, and Matt Morris. Which of those starters would you try for the most and who would you trade for them. Thanks a whole lot Arlo, your a real big help.
n_tremain23

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Thu Jun 27, 2002 5:01 am

Sure thing. :-> I wasn't very high on Halladay going into the season (due to the control problems that had plagued him in the past), but I'll admit I was wrong. The only question now is whether he'll tire later on in the season, since he's never had to pitch more than 150 major league innings in the past. This makes him a slight risk, but I think he'll be fine. Halladay's wins might suffer a bit in the second half, however, if the Blue Jays do decide to drop significant payroll. I'd say he's worth Spivey, but you should at least see if there are any higher offers for one of your closers.

I'd rank the others you list Hudson, Morris, Astacio, Colon. If any of your closers can get you either Hudson or Morris, I'd strongly consider making such a deal.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers