Yan, Arrojo, Osuna, Sullivan? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yan, Arrojo, Osuna, Sullivan?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yan, Arrojo, Osuna, Sullivan?

Postby fishwaterjohn » Tue Jun 25, 2002 11:31 pm

I'm in quite a bind here. I acquired Roberto Hernandez a while back from the DL, unfortunately my 2nd closer spot has been miserable. I've bounced around from Rocker, Foulke, Karsay, Wickman, etc. etc. I have been made aware of Foulke's potential value but as of right now he's not getting the job done. Which of the above would you suggest I jump on. They are the only FA relievers left in my league and I need someone I can stick with for the remainder of the year. Thanks much! JB :-/
fishwaterjohn

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

RP

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:29 am

I would put Wickman in your #2 closer spot as of right now. Who's your #1 closer? Foulke definately has not got the job done in the first half of the season, but the Sox definately will stick with him in the second half and he will put up big numbers.
n_tremain23

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby tallmike » Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:21 am

Wickman would seem to be the best bet with whomever the incumbent in Chicago being the second choice.

Yan huge trade risk and likely to setup if he leaves Tampa. Arrojo is starting and likely to stay there so not a saves contributor.

Hernandez not likely to be around all year either.
tallmike

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 26, 2002 11:01 am

I agree: if you still have a chance at Wickman, he is by far your best bet. I'm not sure any of the others are players you could count on for the rest of the season, but Yan, trade risk and all, would be the best bet, followed by Osuna.

Relatively slim pickings - hope you can pick up Wickman.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers