KC pitching... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

KC pitching...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

KC pitching...

Postby gr8dude » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:38 pm

So I was reading something on ESPN or Sporting News the other day about Jeremy Affeldt... they convinced me.. i had an open spot with Hampton on the DL...Plus i'm a sucker for young. live arms on smaller teams...anyway, so i'm taking the usual criticism from my league about taking kanas city players not named Beltran, Sweeney, or in some cases Randa... but today he started and pitched well versus a loaded CWS team opposed by Colon... however, as i start to gloat in the fifth inning... they remove him after 5 2/3... only to have the lead vanish with albie lopez...
my question is, why? why pull the kid after only 5 2/3rds....??
and is he worth holding, if they're (Pena) is gonna yank him after 80 pitches or so...
Let's Go...Mets Go!
gr8dude
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Payne Dailey » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:31 pm

First game of the season , probably not in a full game condition and they don't want to take any chances on him blowing up his arm.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joshparrish » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:34 pm

you really only need two words to answer this question(but i will elaborate more): AJ Burnett. You know...that kid down in FLA, thowing his arm off every game. Look what happened to him, his i on the DL. Pena is trying to prevent that byt holding his young SP to a low pitch count the first couple starts. Besides, expecting more the 6 IP out of him is asking a lot. He spent a lot of time on the DL last year with a blister on his middle finger.
joshparrish
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

why not

Postby gypsyspot » Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:22 am

might as well keep him if you like him. Im assuming you dont have any bigtime players available. And the other dudes answered your question about taking him out after 5 2/3.
I know the future!!!!!!!
gypsyspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers