Is this team worthy of 9th place? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Is this team worthy of 9th place?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this team worthy of 9th place?

Postby YankeeRebel » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:25 pm

C-Estrada
1b-Casey
2b-Jiminez
3b-Rolen
ss-valentin
of-pujols
of-m. ordonez
of-matsui
util-bagwell
bench-m. grissom

sp-Hudson
sp-Millwood
rp-herges
rp-kolb
p-washburn
p-russ ortiz
p-mark buehrle
bench-wolf
bench-lowe
bench-worrel
bench- k rod
-Ben Affleck, "The Yankees Could have a $240 Million Infield W/O Their Second Baseman"

-Boston Globe, "Damn Yankees. It just never stops with these guys."
YankeeRebel
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ender » Sun Jun 06, 2004 1:29 am

No, it should be middle of the pack at the very least.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby jonessoda1314 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:21 am

Well Estrada and Casey have been over exceeding their expectations, so when they come back down it might hurt you... you might want to look to trad them when their value is high.......
2nd and SS are weak........OF is pretty solid but mags is out for a while, not an awful replacement with grissom though, but you could have better.
Bagwell is underexceeding this year, and im not sure that hes gonna break out of it... he prob will, but personally i dont know. Your starting staff is pretty good.... but TRADE LOWE!! he sucks now... hes jsut plan awful!!
Your also pretty weak at the Closer spot too, as you need around 3-4 guys to close for the year unless the two you ahve are foulke and gange... or somthing like that.

Im sorry to say htat this does look like a 9th play team to me, as that you only solid OF guys are Puljos, Rolen, and prob Matsui. What your strength is. is your starting staff.... i would Keep Hudson, wolf, and milwood, and possibly Buehrle..... and trade the others along with Bagwell, Jimenez(if you can) and valentin(if you can) and Grissom....... and maybe estrada and casey if you want to sell high. Youve got solid traid bait to improve your team. Could you post some FAs or WW guys too, so i can get an idea of who's out there.... especailly at SS and 2B
jonessoda1314
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Your team

Postby SonsofSlam04 » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:23 pm

Seems like you should be in the middle of the pack, but depending on your luck I see where you might be where you are. As for your team I think your middle infield can use help. I would consider moving Casey (since he should be a high sell type player and perhaps Jimenez for an upgrade at 2B) See if either Hairston is on your FA wire and then get a SS. As for your pitching I think you can win with what you have. Please answer my post. Thank you
SonsofSlam04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team