Edwin Jackson? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Edwin Jackson?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Edwin Jackson?

Postby AC Rounders » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:48 am

Anyone watch the game tonight? I didn't realize he got called up. Looks like he did pretty well. 5 innings 1 ER. Not bad considering spring training and his minors stats this year. Any news as to whether he is up to stay or not?
"Imagine, if you will, that I am an idiot.
Then, imagine that I am also a Congressman.
But, alas, I repeat myself."
Mark Twain
AC Rounders Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:55 am

Read in today's LA Times that today was just a spot start. Jackson will be sent back to Triple-A Las Vegas tomorrow. Still, I wouldn't be surprised to see him back with the Dodgers in a few weeks...
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Registered_Guest » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:55 am

LA Times said he was heading back down after the start (no matter how good he looked). I don't think LA needs a 5th starter for another 2 weeks.

Didn't look overly impressive -- I started him for the sole reason he was facing the Brewers. He did the best he could of asked for given he had little control. I don't know his pitch count, but had to near 100 in 5 innings of work.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby hybrid » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:29 am

He's going to be sent down like everyone has said.

His first 2 innings he pitched weren't to good as he didn't have his control. However, I still mostly blame the first 2 hits, and only run, at the beginning of the game due to bad pitch calling. From then on, 3rd to the 5th, he settled down a lot and looked good. You could tell he was nervous out there and admitted it after the game.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if he is called up to long after the all star break. He just needs to get his control down and he will be solid. Not to mention Tracy is one of his biggest fans, and if Jackson puts together some solid starts Tracy could look his way. This outing should only help his confidence when he gets back to Triple A.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby beltrans_boy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:07 am

hybrid wrote:He's going to be sent down like everyone has said.

His first 2 innings he pitched weren't to good as he didn't have his control. However, I still mostly blame the first 2 hits, and only run, at the beginning of the game due to bad pitch calling. From then on, 3rd to the 5th, he settled down a lot and looked good. You could tell he was nervous out there and admitted it after the game.

Also I wouldn't be surprised if he is called up to long after the all star break. He just needs to get his control down and he will be solid. Not to mention Tracy is one of his biggest fans, and if Jackson puts together some solid starts Tracy could look his way. This outing should only help his confidence when he gets back to Triple A.

Yup! There's a reason why this guy is touted as one of the most valuable prospects in baseball. I just hope they don't rush him out there. Give him time to develop, give him the confidence he needs to become an elite pitcher in the coming years. I like how the Dodgers are handling him. He's obviously got the talent, now they just need to create the mental stability that a pitcher needs in the big leagues. Watch out, this guy is gonna be a stud in the coming years.
[size=10]"Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument." [/size]
beltrans_boy
General Manager
General Manager

Postby jebatzel » Thu Jun 03, 2004 7:12 am

yeah the Dodgers won't need him back till June 12th I heard.

so he should be coming back soon.
jebatzel
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers