M. Giles/Reyes, better bet to return? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

M. Giles/Reyes, better bet to return?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

M. Giles/Reyes, better bet to return?

Postby Melo255 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:34 am

At this point in the season who do you think is the better bet to return...ever...and actually perform at a high level, Marcus Giles or Jose Reyes? Both of them have problems but since Reyes value hinges on his steals and his hamstring and now back bother him so much it appears he won't be stealing much when if ever he gets back. Any opinions?
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:39 am

You just reminded me of something. On the Mike and the Mad Dog show in NY today, Art Howe was getting interviewed and Mike asked him which will happen first.......Reyes' return or the next Hailey's Comet sighting?? It was funny. :-D

While I would like to think that Reyes will be back by July, I'm not so sure. :-?
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:53 am

Lofunzo wrote:You just reminded me of something. On the Mike and the Mad Dog show in NY today, Art Howe was getting interviewed and Mike asked him which will happen first.......Reyes' return or the next Hailey's Comet sighting?? It was funny. :-D

While I would like to think that Reyes will be back by July, I'm not so sure. :-?

All joking aside (although that was funny), during that interview did Howe happen to divulge the update on Reyes condition that we were all promised would happen today?
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:03 am

He just kinda laughed and said that his back injury, while predicted, was more severe than they originally thought. He gave no timetable that I heard.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Leiter Fan » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:05 am

Lofunzo wrote:He just kinda laughed and said that his back injury, while predicted, was more severe than they originally thought. He gave no timetable that I heard.

Thanks!
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby thehat » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:19 am

Giles.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Registered_Guest » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:47 am

TSN:

"Manager Art Howe told MLB.com that Reyes isn't expected back anytime soon. Reyes has been on the disabled list since spring training with a hamstring injury, and he picked up a sore back along the way."
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby M.Akihiko » Thu Jun 03, 2004 3:55 am

Marcus Giles
M.Akihiko Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers