Loretta - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Loretta

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Loretta

Postby JuiceMonkey » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:10 am

I just picked up Loretta in a 10 team league, dropped Winn for him. I am still a bit suspicious because I had the 6th WW priority and everyone is looking for MI. I have been looking around to see if something was wrong with him but I cant find anything. Do I not know something or is this dude just trigger happy?
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra
JuiceMonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby INKcogKNEEdough » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:25 am

waived in a 10 team league somewhat understandable, thoughs still worthy of a pickup especially if winnis all you had to lose to get him(position scarcity alone makes him much more valuable). I think Loretta is just people in general are never going to 'beleive he can keep it up" no matter HOW long he keeps it up. I had to "settle" for him in my league(deeeep 17 team) and was not happy about it. Even NOW i wait the implosion but it simply hasn't happened and hes playing quite well.

INK
"There was shrinkage!".....(George costanza)

Http://www.briliantdonkey.blogspot.com
INKcogKNEEdough
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby JuiceMonkey » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:53 am

good point... i dont think people are believers in SD in general. I just thought it was odd bc people are picking up Rollins and Cora instead.

I guess thats what you get playing in a league based in LA.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra
JuiceMonkey
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 1:54 am

Going back to the beggining of last season over his last 700 at bats he is batting for over a .300AVE .

He might not maintaine his in the top 5 2B of most fantasy leagues production pace this year. As long as he has been maintaining that average however, there is no reason not to be comfortable with him as your starting 2B in almost all leagues.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers