TEXAS CLOSERS - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

TEXAS CLOSERS

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

TEXAS CLOSERS

Postby ZOMP » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:12 pm

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS SOME INSIGHT IN WHO TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE CLOSERS FOR TEXAS.
NOW THERE IS CORDERO AND IRABU, NOT SURE WHICH TO GO WITH OR EITHER. ANY OPINIONS? LEAVE ROCKER OUT OF THIS!!
ZOMP

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Tue Jun 25, 2002 1:58 pm

This may not be the answer you're looking for, but it all depends on Cordero's health. A muscle strain can be anything from negligible to quite serious, and I haven't heard any reliable indication of how severe this is yet. If it's nothing major, Cordero will be the primary closer; if it's a more serious problem, the job goes to Irabu by default.

While I don't have any medical insight into this situation, I'd go with Cordero until proven otherwise.

Also, keep in mind that Zimmerman may get a shot again once he returns, although that too, like everything else in the Rangers' pen, is uncertain...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Texas Closers

Postby n_tremain23 » Wed Jun 26, 2002 2:39 am

I'd have to agree with Arlo on this one. Go with Cordero until you receive information on how serious the muscle strain is, if it's nothing serious, Cordero's got the job, if it is, Irabu's got it.
n_tremain23

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Baseball Leftovers