INDIANS this year...Major League 4 'the movie' - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

INDIANS this year...Major League 4 'the movie'

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

INDIANS this year...Major League 4 'the movie'

Postby Clevelander » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:50 pm

no need to bust my balls on this but there's just something about this team that reminds me of the movie...is it the fans opening the paper and not knowing everyone on the roster...lol...

yeah, i'm a clevelander but i honestly think this team will be a surprise to others this year..alot of talent and some up-comers including a AAA pitching staff that may be better than what we have starting in our rotation now.

anyway, i wanted to hear from others on their predictions on the team this year, granted it'll be 2006 before the playoffs...

i'm going to throw out 78-84...burks gone by the trade deadline & vizquel hanging around(only possiblity is seattle to be back home) & getting bob ueker as our announcer....
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby davegod2 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 12:53 pm

I will predict 70 wins and a 4th place finish (ahead of the Tigers).
I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize.
davegod2
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Incubus » Wed Apr 02, 2003 3:29 pm

The Tride will play hard. Wedge is a competitor and it will rub off on the players.

They could go .500 Third in the division ahead of the Tigers and Royals.

Omar could go to the Yankees depending on Jeter's injury.
The Incubus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby cwhitty » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:54 pm

The only similarity I see is that you were probably drunk when you watched the movie and drunk when you posted this. Keep dreaming. Give it 4 years.
cwhitty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Clevelander » Wed Apr 02, 2003 5:38 pm

this coming from a guy that confuses one bo jackson post to another...i can see you busting on the bo jackson question but to throw it into the ordonez question is making me question who's the drunk one here...a simple question and there's always one retarded answer...

oh, and the movie was just an analogy...you know what that is right...?
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby cwhitty » Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:50 pm

The relevance of the Bo Jackson comment is that it represents about as much reality as the possibility as the Indians even coming close. The Bo Jackson comment was purposely cross-posted. You're a quick one aren't you?
cwhitty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby cwhitty » Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:55 pm

So I suppose you think that questioning trading Magglio Ordonez after 2 games deserves a serious reaction?

Anyway. The Indians have tons of young talent and made some very wise trades. I heard Vizquel will veto any trade because he loves Cleveland. Burks should and will be traded in July and they'll get another steal in return. John Hart is a genius!
cwhitty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

patience

Postby CorySnyder » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:09 pm

Patience will be the key with this team... Id be happy with 70-80 wins, but thats not what this year is about... It is about getting the "kids" some time to grow then watch them prosper in the next few years. They have 2 potential All Stars in the IF and a very deep and talented roatation once they give up on Bere and Anderson (sorry but the hometown kid is no good anymore) I like our chance in 3 years but Im a realist... This year might be ugly and Rick Vaughn out of the bullpen would be interesting... But I really like what Wedge has shown (intensity and a willingness to connect with the young players).
CorySnyder
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Incubus » Thu Apr 03, 2003 1:24 am

Burks traded...

Name me one team who will want to trade prospects or any young talent for a 40 something who maybe has one or two years left in the tank. Not to mention his salary. Maybe the Devil Rays a couple years ago.

I am not sure the Omar has a no trade clause, so he may not be able to veto a trade.
The Incubus
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers