Imagine!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Imagine!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GSes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:15 pm

Zito is God wrote:
GSes wrote:I could see the A's trading Redman, in order to make room for Blanton in the rotation. The A's got Redman very cheap and although they were the last team that needed a quality starter, he was cheap and why not? Redman is signed for the next 3 years and with

Hudson, Zito, Mulder locking up the 1-3
Redman at 4

Harden in in at #5, with Duke and Blanton looking in.

I personally think trading Redman in the offseason for a bat would be a good move, then moving Blanton into the rotation w/ the Duke closing........I agree witjh ZIG somewhat, Harden would be great out of the pen, but unless he implodes as a starter he isnt going anywhere. Many scouts say Harden will be better then Hudson, Mulder, or Zito 8-o 8-o


They desperately need offense, I have no idea who they can get for the mediocre Redman.


a mediocre bat. And a mediore bat is a lot better then most of our bats. ;-D
Image
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2498
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Shadows

Postby bucsfan04 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:18 pm

benjapage wrote:i think zito will get traded.

what's more, i can see the a's going after adam dunn as the other end to the deal.

hey--just throwing the idea out there.

b


Nah, Billy Beane wouldn't like Adam Dunn's hitting approach. Too many Ks.
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 687
Joined: 27 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:21 pm

GSes wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
GSes wrote:I could see the A's trading Redman, in order to make room for Blanton in the rotation. The A's got Redman very cheap and although they were the last team that needed a quality starter, he was cheap and why not? Redman is signed for the next 3 years and with

Hudson, Zito, Mulder locking up the 1-3
Redman at 4

Harden in in at #5, with Duke and Blanton looking in.

I personally think trading Redman in the offseason for a bat would be a good move, then moving Blanton into the rotation w/ the Duke closing........I agree witjh ZIG somewhat, Harden would be great out of the pen, but unless he implodes as a starter he isnt going anywhere. Many scouts say Harden will be better then Hudson, Mulder, or Zito 8-o 8-o


They desperately need offense, I have no idea who they can get for the mediocre Redman.


a mediocre bat. And a mediore bat is a lot better then most of our bats. ;-D


Sadly that statement is true...

I actually think we could get someone like Jay Payton for him, especially if the padres get Beltran.
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby GSes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:35 pm

Zito is God wrote:
GSes wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
GSes wrote:I could see the A's trading Redman, in order to make room for Blanton in the rotation. The A's got Redman very cheap and although they were the last team that needed a quality starter, he was cheap and why not? Redman is signed for the next 3 years and with

Hudson, Zito, Mulder locking up the 1-3
Redman at 4

Harden in in at #5, with Duke and Blanton looking in.

I personally think trading Redman in the offseason for a bat would be a good move, then moving Blanton into the rotation w/ the Duke closing........I agree witjh ZIG somewhat, Harden would be great out of the pen, but unless he implodes as a starter he isnt going anywhere. Many scouts say Harden will be better then Hudson, Mulder, or Zito 8-o 8-o


They desperately need offense, I have no idea who they can get for the mediocre Redman.


a mediocre bat. And a mediore bat is a lot better then most of our bats. ;-D


Sadly that statement is true...

I actually think we could get someone like Jay Payton for him, especially if the padres get Beltran.


and sadly jay payton would bat like 2nd. I was really hoping the A's would have signed Raul Ibanez since he has 25HR/100RBI/290avg type of guy and is a better offensive outfielder then kotsay or kielty and he isnt all that expensive, but the M's snagged him. :-t
Image
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2498
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Shadows

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:43 pm

No way would Duchscherer be in the rotation. Initally, he was a starter and broke down. I liken him to a darren dreifot/ matt mantei type. The most he could do would be to spot start. But he's much more valuable in thebullpen, I say he moves into closer roll and excels.

Power you could get for Redman...

Tor: Reed Johnson or Frank Cantelnato, or Josh Phelps. They need to make room for Alex Rios.

Hou: Hildalgo. Jason Lane has been waiting.

Mil: Geoff Jenkins & Spivey. I know they just signed him long-term. But a veteran SP could help them a lot. Plus, they have all these prospects coming up and they might wanna move Spivey with Weeks.

KC: Beltran. Beane has pulled off some trades with KC (Damon, Dye). Might be able to package deal.

Tex: They need pitching over everything!!! Mech & Perry maybe, Oak dosen't really hae a 1B

Min: How many OF they got with how many quality prospects coming up??? Hunter, Minny, or Jones for Redman

just some ideas
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8512
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:46 pm

KC: Beltran. Beane has pulled off some trades with KC (Damon, Dye). Might be able to package deal.


Are you insane?!

Beane is trying to SAVE money to keep his 3 star aces, not spend MORE money on a rental. I can't see KC as a team willing to pick up much of his salary...
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby blankman » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:50 pm

Zito is God wrote:I can't see KC as a team willing to pick up much of his salary...


You're right- If they were willing to pick up salary, they'd just sign him ;-)
blankman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert
Posts: 10770
Joined: 6 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Lofunzo » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:51 pm

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned signability. Including options, Hudson is signed through 2005 and Zito and Mulder are signed through 2006. That is unless something has changed. I doubt that they will sign all 3.
Image
Lofunzo
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 23698
(Past Year: 11)
Joined: 9 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Central Jersey

Postby Havok1517 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:55 pm

Beltran is getting 9mill this season. Kotsay 6.5mill. + Kielty 375,000. + Scurato $301,500. Rhodes $1.9mill
See where I'm going??? If its possible Beane could pull it off. Its next year that Aok has to be worried about.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8512
(Past Year: 116)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GSes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:59 pm

Havok1517 wrote:No way would Duchscherer be in the rotation. Initally, he was a starter and broke down. I liken him to a darren dreifot/ matt mantei type. The most he could do would be to spot start. But he's much more valuable in thebullpen, I say he moves into closer roll and excels.

Power you could get for Redman...

Tor: Reed Johnson or Frank Cantelnato, or Josh Phelps. They need to make room for Alex Rios.

Hou: Hildalgo. Jason Lane has been waiting.

Mil: Geoff Jenkins & Spivey. I know they just signed him long-term. But a veteran SP could help them a lot. Plus, they have all these prospects coming up and they might wanna move Spivey with Weeks.

KC: Beltran. Beane has pulled off some trades with KC (Damon, Dye). Might be able to package deal.

Tex: They need pitching over everything!!! Mech & Perry maybe, Oak dosen't really hae a 1B

Min: How many OF they got with how many quality prospects coming up??? Hunter, Minny, or Jones for Redman

just some ideas



he broke down? Where do ppl find these things? no way he could be a starter? again, why do ppl say things they have no idea about.

sry man, but The Duke was the AAA PCL PITCHER OF THE YEAR LAST SEASON FOR THE SACRAMENTO RIVERCATS

he was something like 16-2 w/ a 2's ERA and a FLASHY K/BB ratio.

;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D
Image
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2498
Joined: 9 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Shadows

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 22 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Sunday, Sep. 21
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(1:10 pm)
indoors
NY Mets at Atlanta
(1:35 pm)
Boston at Baltimore
(1:35 pm)
Milwaukee at Pittsburgh
(1:35 pm)
Chi White Sox at Tampa Bay
(1:40 pm)
indoors
Cleveland at Minnesota
(2:10 pm)
Detroit at Kansas City
(2:10 pm)
Seattle at Houston
(2:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Texas at LA Angels
(3:35 pm)
Philadelphia at Oakland
(4:05 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(4:10 pm)
San Francisco at San Diego
(4:10 pm)
Cincinnati at St. Louis
(8:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact