Mulder/Hudson/Zito to redsox??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mulder/Hudson/Zito to redsox???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Mulder/Hudson/Zito to redsox???

Postby jpbusta » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:06 pm

irishdude103 wrote:
Rapps5 wrote:I've heard that the redsox may be working a deal to get mulder hudson or zito from the As for Kevin Youkilis after Chavez broke his hand...how much truth could there be in this statement?

i highly doubt that, all 3 ace pitchers from 1 team, i can't see it happening, but if i did, look at Boston's rotation

Hudson
Mulder
Zito
Pedro
Schilling

It seems like a lot of people aren't reading the thread carefully.

By the way, Pedro and schilling as 4th and 5th? :-t

Pedro
Schilling
Hudson
Mulder
Zito

Damn that would be dominating. :-D
R2C2.
jpbusta
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby jellyroll » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:53 pm

The A's WILL NOT trade an Ace to the Redsox for a 6 week replacement ... let alone multiple. No matter what you guys think of Beane's jones for Youkilis. The tradeoff would be horrendous.

Just thinking though a rough based hudson for nomar might work. moved Scut'ro to 3b. Duchscherer into Sp and Crosby to 2b.

also...
Hudson 2005
Mulder 2006
Zito 2007
jellyroll
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: Mulder/Hudson/Zito to redsox???

Postby irishdude103 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:00 pm

jpbusta wrote:
irishdude103 wrote:
Rapps5 wrote:I've heard that the redsox may be working a deal to get mulder hudson or zito from the As for Kevin Youkilis after Chavez broke his hand...how much truth could there be in this statement?

i highly doubt that, all 3 ace pitchers from 1 team, i can't see it happening, but if i did, look at Boston's rotation

Hudson
Mulder
Zito
Pedro
Schilling

It seems like a lot of people aren't reading the thread carefully.
no i am not putting Pedro and Schilling at the 4 and 5 spot i was just listing them

By the way, Pedro and schilling as 4th and 5th? :-t

Pedro
Schilling
Hudson
Mulder
Zito

Damn that would be dominating. :-D
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Zito is God » Wed Jun 02, 2004 8:18 pm

*Deep breath*

I don't wanna burst out insulting people back and forth so I will try to be polite.

Ok, Youkilis is good, Beane does like him, but an Ace for him ain't a great deal and beane knows that.

I like the idea, but I cannot see Kim and Youkilis because Chavez is signed for 6 years and Youkilis would go right to DH/minor leagues (A's have PLENTY of good outfielders at DH right now that need playing time). The Kim situation is absurd. Think of it this way: Beane is TRYING to sign all three, Kim's contract is quite large, qhy in the world would he ADD salary right now?!

The only reasonable arguement for is because They have a stacked rotation with Redman bieng signed for 2 more years and a hot prospect that is ready to be called up. While the idea of harden going to the pen intrigues me, I would not WANT it to happen (for harden's sake, I like him too much).

Maybe its the Zito fan inside me talking but I don't think Beane has forgotten the 2002 Cy Young performance Zito has put up. He still believes Zito is a solid ace type pitcher. Mulder is bieng considered ne of the best pitchers in baseball by many (stuff wise, not numbers-wise because of the lack of wins because of the weak offense), and harden is a hard throwing righty with good stamina and a nice splitter (also a VERY good pitcher as I am sure all of you know). Beane is known for stating that he will do "everything piossible" to keep the three together. because of Zito's average start i cannot see him just giving up and dealing for....Youkilis...

Hope that explained my stand. :-)

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby KPucks » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:04 pm

I agree that the trade won't go down b/c it wouldn't make sense to get a six week replacement for a stud P, but the worry about money isn't an issue. The Sox have been trying to give away Kim and are willing to pay prettty much his entire salary for him to leave, so the A's wouldn't have to pay much for Kim.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Zito is God » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:49 pm

KPucks wrote:I agree that the trade won't go down b/c it wouldn't make sense to get a six week replacement for a stud P, but the worry about money isn't an issue. The Sox have been trying to give away Kim and are willing to pay prettty much his entire salary for him to leave, so the A's wouldn't have to pay much for Kim.

They don't want rentals, and Kim long-term could be quite costly.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby swingaway » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:46 pm

the only starter from the A's i see going any where this year is redman i except him to become a hot commdity at the trade deadline. I reallly expect a youllkillus and either kim or williamson package for redman and some type of prospect deal happening.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Lofunzo » Thu Jun 03, 2004 2:11 am

The A's will not make a big deal for a temporary replacement. Chavez just signed his long-term deal. No way. :-t
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby FantasyBeast » Thu Jun 03, 2004 4:11 am

Its not all that far fetched. Oakland is big on gather draft picks. Why wouldnt they possibly trade someone along the lines of Zito and a Adam Melhuse for Pedro and Youkilis? Oakland still gets a good pitcher and recoups draft picks and Youkilis to eventually move to first base since Hatteberg aint getting any younger. A's got a couple young arms in their system like Blanton and Harden that can keep them going. Its not totally out of the question.
Aint following no footsteps,Im making my own.

Eminem.
FantasyBeast
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers