Milton Bradley should be suspended 10 games - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Milton Bradley should be suspended 10 games

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TreeRucker » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:35 pm

Umpire said something along the lines of "better think twice before yelling at me in the dugout"

he shouldn't say anything., he bradley walked up and said U better think twice before calling these shit strikes on me....u would say he was wrong., i say the ump, saw what happened., ump lost his cool., and once u get tossed, especially when u shouldn't have u have to get ur money's worth afterwards, and prove the point ., as someone who played in those situations bradley didn't act that bad....if the dodgers miss the wild card or division title by one game, maybe you guys will understand then.
"you couldn't get the crowd to throw their hands up if you swallowed all their fingers"
TreeRucker
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LBJackal » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:41 pm

TreeRucker wrote:as someone who played in those situations bradley didn't act that bad

Are you serious? What is bad if that isn't? I've played with hotheads like this and they're for the most part attention-seeking assholes. Suspend him for a week and maybe he'll learn his lesson.

"Jack, will you call me, if you're able?"

"I've got your phone number written, in the back of my Bible."
LBJackal
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby tool069c » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:57 pm

This is baseball, and That's why it's not accepted, If it was basketball or football, it wouyld have been a T or a 15 yd penalty, baseball doesnt have those rules or any like them, so nothing can be done. It's not like when alomar spit in the umps face or everet headbutted the ump...throwing things is for the camera...it deosnt hurt anyone...
tool069c
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby stevelabny » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:31 pm

he was tossed immediately upon arriving at the plate.
this is the 2nd time he got tossed for the first peep out of his mouth.
the umps are tossing him on reputation.
his "show" afterwards was fun.
asking for a 10 game suspension is ridiculous.
if he gets anything more than a 1 game suspension, something is wrong, and he probably shouldnt even get that.
he didnt attack anyone, he didnt hurt anyone, he didnt do anything to the paying customers. he showed up an ump who made a horrible quick-toss.
should he realize that the umps will toss him because of his rep and keep his mouth shut? maybe, but he is a player who suceeds off of his emotion. he needs it. i would love to see him on a good team or in a playoff hunt. i bet he would be a great reason to start the clutch arguement all over again.

what was even worse than the umps quick toss, or bradleys reaction, was the announcers who basically attacked bradley personally. that is just NOT cool when you don't know the full story.
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Amazinz » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:40 pm

The umpire did nothing wrong. The ump is in the right, period. The umpire hurt little Milton's pride so he throws a hissy fit like my 2-year old niece. I'm glad the Mets passed on this joker and he should be suspended. Ten games would be too stiff. I'd give him three. :-t
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby TreeRucker » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:02 pm

umpire did nothing wrong!....how can u say that.....he threw him out for walking to the plate!.....insane
"you couldn't get the crowd to throw their hands up if you swallowed all their fingers"
TreeRucker
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wrveres » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:51 pm

I am pretty sure you can't increase the penalty just because you don't like the guy.
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 751)

Postby Porkchop Express » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:01 pm

stevelabny wrote:his "show" afterwards was fun.

If you think adults acting like four year olds is fun you should be a high school teacher. That'll be a laugh riot for ya.
Porkchop Express
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ashay21 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:15 pm

stevelabny wrote:his "show" afterwards was fun.
asking for a 10 game suspension is ridiculous.

What a moron...."his show afterwards was fun". Would it be fun if someone on the field got hit in the head by one of the baseballs that ass was throwing?

How about we play ball and I get upset at a call and I'll start throwing baseballs in your direction...You think that "show" will be fun?

He deserved a 10 game suspension. He also hurt his team. A player like that can do more damage than good.

Look at Rasheed while he was in Portland. He never got any calls and was ejected and suspended all the time. You act like a jackass, your going to get treated like one.
ashay21 Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby stevelabny » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:23 pm

ashay21 wrote:
What a moron...."his show afterwards was fun". Would it be fun if someone on the field got hit in the head by one of the baseballs that ass was throwing?

are u serious? he didnt start firing them like bullets, he threw them from a big barrel UNDERHAND. they didnt even cross the foul line.

be real. even if those hit someone they wouldnt have hurt them.
"Baseball is like church. Many attend. Few understand." -- Leo Durocher
stevelabny
College Coach
College Coach

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers