League Dispute on Invalid Lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

League Dispute on Invalid Lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:26 pm

Ender wrote:Personally if you want to be reasonable about it I would just set his lineup without the 2 MI and let him get the points from his other positions. He loses 2 players stats which is painful enough, but he doesn't throw away the week. If you want to be a stickler for the rules because money is involved then not letting him get any points works.

I like this approach.

I know it's a money league, but mistakes are mistakes. I mean, those "accept" and reject buttons are pretty close, and I've always wondered what would happen if I hit the wrong one... Yahoo doesn't have a "did you really mean to accept this trade?" page...

So, I'd take a vote. There must be a difference between choosing the wrong players and trying to go back and accidently not putting one of the guys in SS instead of MI.
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ajax » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:42 pm

I'd say, since it was his screw up, he shouldn't get the points, unless the rest of the league unanimously votes to give him a break.
Ajax
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Arlo » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:01 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:
Ender wrote:Personally if you want to be reasonable about it I would just set his lineup without the 2 MI and let him get the points from his other positions. He loses 2 players stats which is painful enough, but he doesn't throw away the week. If you want to be a stickler for the rules because money is involved then not letting him get any points works.

I like this approach.

So do I.

But just out of curiosity, was one of the MIs a shortstop, or were they two 2Bs? If one was a shortstop who was just tagged MI by mistake, I'd most likely just file it under clerical error instead of rules infraction (unless, of course, there's an advantage to be gained by saving a game at SS, for instance).
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby great gretzky » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:48 pm

I don't think you can undo it, unless the rest of the league wants to grant him mercy (like in golf or something)

no one likes the anal rules guy

BUT

mistakes are mistakes and part of the skill of doing anything also entails making the least number of them.

The rules are in place for a reason, he should be paying attention, he has no one to blame but himself. If others want to be gentleman and let it slide, then so be it, I would rather everyone win "the right way", but he should understand it as a courtesy, not his right.

I think the SOL is the way to go.

It hink the way he brought it to the league would be a big determinant in whether his request was honored or not.
great gretzky
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Its a Joke

Postby hatescrubs » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:27 pm

the way sportsline runs it.. especially in my case which occurred earlier in the year. Had something like Tony Womack at 2nd and Berroa at SS. someone in my league drops Luis Castillo on a Friday nite i believe. So i put in waiver claim of Beroa for Castillo. Womack was eligible at short and Castillo would be new second basemen. Waiver claim goes through Sunday 3Am. Lineups have to be eligible at Monday 12 AM. So I have an ineligible lineup get this for having too many reserve players (3 instead of 2). Sportsline should have a way where they max players and max active no such thing as max reserve. Well I would be close to the top with that week instead im middle of the pack, one week of no stats effectively ends your season. In sportsline's defense they make sure you know your lineup is ineligible when it is. Just this particular nuance is extremely stupid.
hatescrubs
T-Ball Trainer

Postby josebach » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:49 pm

I want to know if any of the other league members knew it was invalid and chose not to tell him... especially the guy he's playing against.

I would give him credit for all but the MI and SS position. This wouldn't be enought penalty to cost him the week's games, but it would be enough penalty to both punish him and keep anybody else in the league from doing it on purpose.

If you guys are friends, give him a break.
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers