Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I Max or Around the Horn?

I Max
21%
Around the Horn
79%

Total votes : 39

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jun 03, 2004 5:22 am

Trazcon wrote:Does it really matter? Both ATH and I, Max are derived from PTI anyway. I really thought the FOX execs would be a little more creative than this. They basically copied and pasted what he did on ATH, they score the argument, but in a boxing sort of way, which to me is pretty asinine. Even Max can't make the show exciting...

I was just about ready to write the exact same thing. What a rip-off of a show I, Max is. I hate Stat Boy on ATH, and I wish Max never would have left. Woody and Jay M. still make the show watchable, but I haven't watched it nearly as much since Max left.

At the same time, my PTI watching has never and will never diminish until it kicks the bucket. :-)
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pogotheostrich » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:02 am

Mercer Boy wrote:
Trazcon wrote:Does it really matter? Both ATH and I, Max are derived from PTI anyway. I really thought the FOX execs would be a little more creative than this. They basically copied and pasted what he did on ATH, they score the argument, but in a boxing sort of way, which to me is pretty asinine. Even Max can't make the show exciting...

I was just about ready to write the exact same thing. What a rip-off of a show I, Max is. I hate Stat Boy on ATH, and I wish Max never would have left. Woody and Jay M. still make the show watchable, but I haven't watched it nearly as much since Max left.

At the same time, my PTI watching has never and will never diminish until it kicks the bucket. :-)
I agree 100%. PTI is far and away the best. The others seemed so staged and no one really believes anything they say but just take opposing views. Tony and Wilbon just seem like two guys talking sports.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 305)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:49 am

Pogotheostrich wrote:Tony and Wilbon just seem like two guys talking sports.

Exactly! ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby 1-2-Many » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:04 am

Did you guys watch ATH today??? beig the bartending geek I am, I did, and Zack the runner up from dream job hosted it..... did very good IMO.
1-2-Many
College Coach
College Coach

Postby proncis » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:10 am

1-2-Many wrote:Did you guys watch ATH today??? beig the bartending geek I am, I did, and Zack the runner up from dream job hosted it..... did very good IMO.

I thought that he did well today too. A bit more natural making comments to the panel, Stat Boy barely said much.

I, Max is all right, but right now it's just so hackish. The pause is pretty weak compared to mute, and I think Fox might need to tinker with the show to give it some legs.

But yeah, PTI is perfect. My only wish is that Wilbon was always in studio and wasn't on remotes.
proncis
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DieHardCubbie » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:21 am

PTI is by far the best... ;-D

I really don't like Zack on ATH...he uses the mute way to much...I like watching it to here the arguments between the panel....and I think Zack is interfering in it to much.... :-/
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby irishdude103 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:32 pm

yeah what happened to Max in around the horn, was he fired did he quit or something else
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:31 pm

Both of the shows are pretty bad...ATH is better though ....and IMAX is just plane out terrible...who the hell is that guy...He sucks so bad...I wanna punch him right in his ugly face
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby irishdude103 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:34 pm

acsguitar wrote:Both of the shows are pretty bad...ATH is better though ....and IMAX is just plane out terrible...who the hell is that guy...He sucks so bad...I wanna punch him right in his ugly face

he is an a@# ho@# i think
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby acsguitar » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:51 pm

yea i agree and his facial hair sucks and it looks like he's wearing a hell of a lot of makeup...hes a plastic robot possibly...

hey isnt stat boy the guy on ATH??
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk