Postby thehat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:13 am

I'll go along with matmat.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Melo255 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:13 am

The only reason to watch ATH is Woody Paige and the occasional appearance by Bob Ryan, other than that it's just too stupid. I,Max is terrible. Kellerman is a genious...when it comes to boxing. For all other sports I'd rather listen to my grandmother argue. Anyway the greatest sports show on tv, minus sportcenter, is PTI. I wish PTI was on 3 hours a day or they were a tandem radio duo. Now that would be good listening.
Melo255
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:18 am

Melo255 wrote:. Anyway the greatest sports show on tv, minus sportcenter, is PTI. .

I agree. PTI is good.

Kellerman was passable at around the horn because he wasn't the centerpiece of the show... IMAX (copyright violation) .. well.. errr. that just sucks. BDSSP is terrible too... I wish sport shows would stop going for the comedy/novelty factor and actually have some content.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thehat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:45 am

By the way, Kellerman's contract with Fox is for a large 800K per. And we thought athletes were overpaid. Sheesh!
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Spokes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:51 am

I enjoy ATH more than I, Max, but Reali isn't nearly as good a host as Kellerman. I don't think ATH is annoying...basically because I want to be a sports writer myself. But, Max is just a much more natural host. And, Kellerman wasn't fired. He quit because ESPN wouldn't pay him $1 million per.
The best lyric ever: "You shouldn't throw stones if you live in a glass house and if you gotta glass jaw you should watch your mouth...'cause I'll break yo face."
Spokes
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby KolbSaves » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:00 am

1-2-Many wrote:What ever happened to "Rome is Burning" I kinda enjoyed that show too....

The season ended for Rome to have some time with his family, it's coming back in the fall I believe.

Both shows are terrible, but the vcr pause feature is a lot more annoying than the mute button, so ATH.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 1-2-Many » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:43 am

Tavish wrote:Haven't seen much of the I Max show simply because I thought Around the Horn was god awful. ESPN would be better off filling time with women's billiards or more World's Strongest Man shows than airing that crap.

Only if Jeanette Lee is playing pool......and could those camera men get some better angles please ;-)
1-2-Many
College Coach
College Coach

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 3:55 am

1-2-Many wrote:
Only if Jeanette Lee is playing pool......and could those camera men get some better angles please ;-)

and a little less of that irish thing.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Trazcon » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:42 am

Does it really matter? Both ATH and I, Max are derived from PTI anyway. I really thought the FOX execs would be a little more creative than this. They basically copied and pasted what he did on ATH, they score the argument, but in a boxing sort of way, which to me is pretty asinine. Even Max can't make the show exciting...
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:46 am

PTI is the best ;-D
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk