Soriano's slump - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Soriano's slump

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Soriano's slump

Postby colt4523 » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:34 am

Is this guy going to start hitting soon? I just checked my stats for my points league and his points have declined every week for the last 5 weeks. I did not realize how bad he is doing. Does he usually start this slow? He has scored the same amount of points as Huff in my league and we all know how bad he started. As far as expectations and where he was drafted, he has to be one of the biggest disappointments. Any insight on why he is not hitting?..injury?
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 83)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby trailblazur » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:40 am

Well the normal answer around here is be patient he will come around, hes streaky, but im starting to get tired too. If his sb's are projected to take a hit and then the rest of his numbers take a hit??? I dont know, a third of the season is in the books and hes yet to hit a hot streak. Hes definitely not performing up to his draft status. Im still not shopping him though. Who else is gonna play second :-o
trailblazur
College Coach
College Coach

Postby GSes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:58 am

slump?

who cares about slumps at least the boy isnt hurt like the rest of the MLB All Stars.
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:06 am

GSes wrote:slump?

who cares about slumps at least the boy isnt hurt like the rest of the MLB All Stars.

maybe he's hiding it.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:15 am

I'd say its nothing more sinister than a slump. Rangers came out hot, soriano was hitting the ball very well just not for power, then the entire team slumped and it corresponds with his slump. He had the power in may, just not the avg. It will heat up in texas, long fly balls will make it over the wall instead of to the wall and his stats will come up.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby benjapage » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:27 am

when teixeira comes out, it will help. any consistency in that line-up would help.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby G-Man » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:47 pm

benjapage wrote:when teixeira comes out, it will help. any consistency in that line-up would help.

b

no question about it....blalock, soriano, teixiera all need to get it in gear, which they will. and when they do, it will be a very nice thing for those like me who roster all three of these guys.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers