Eric Chavez HIT IN THE HAND - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Eric Chavez HIT IN THE HAND

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby GSes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:32 am

Members Only Jackets wrote:I quit :~(

This is the year of the injured studs.

NExt year Im just going to draft all the back up players to all of the stud's postions instead of the studs. ;-D

when ur 3rd rd pick comes next year

forget rolen or chavez

go with Hector Luna or Mark Maclemore :-D
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

sd

Postby JOEG » Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:40 am

Is this a confirmed long term injury or just a bunch of overreacting?

Just curious

PS - everyone has injury problems....
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby swingaway » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:03 am

i als heard from the WGN announcers say during pregame that armais rameriez is having problems with his groin but that was liek 2 days ago when the astros were playing the cubs.
swingaway
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:12 am

really hard to tell.

he got plunked on the outside edge of the hand, right below the little finger. He left the stadium after that inning ended, I assume to get an Xray. he could be back tomorrow if it is a bruise or he could be out for a while. stay put.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chinch sacs » Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:46 am

sorry to tell you...

from rotoworld

Eric Chavez said he did suffer a broken hand when he was hit by a Damaso Marte pitch tonight. It's uncertain how long he'll be sidelined.
Four to six weeks is the usual estimate. With Chavez out, the A's should use Erubiel Durazo as their No. 3 hitter. The team has no shortage of adequate options at third base in Mike Edwards, Mark Teahan, Adam Morrissey and Esteban German, but which one they'll pick is a mystery. The worst solution would be to play both Mark McLemore and Marco Scutaro regularly, but it's possible that one of those two players will see too much action at third base for the next month or so
Fantasy sports are ruled by the 50-50-90 rule...

Anytime you have a 50/50 choice between two players, 90% of the time, you'll get it wrong
chinch sacs
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby RynMan » Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:59 am

its amazing. as an A's fan, as soon as i heard the above news, i have lost alot of hope for my team. this is our centrepiece player on a team that is lacking consistent offensive production. this really aint good GSes my brother. hopefully the holy grail can now step it up a notch and keep us in it. oh and those replacements for chavy are terrible. i say maclemore, but he is a walkin injury. we just might have the weakest offensive left side in baseball for the next few weeks :~(
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby GSes » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:21 am

RynMan wrote:its amazing. as an A's fan, as soon as i heard the above news, i have lost alot of hope for my team. this is our centrepiece player on a team that is lacking consistent offensive production. this really aint good GSes my brother. hopefully the holy grail can now step it up a notch and keep us in it. oh and those replacements for chavy are terrible. i say maclemore, but he is a walkin injury. we just might have the weakest offensive left side in baseball for the next few weeks :~(

:~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~( :~(
GSes
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ZAZ » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:20 am

At first I didn't care too much and said tough sh*&t for the guy who has him in my league. But then I realized I have Hudson as my ace and his run support has sucked enough already. Now I'm really in trouble! :~( :~( :~( :-t Why do bad things always happen to me???
ZAZ
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Transmogrifier » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:28 am

Stop crying... at least you didn't trade Rolen and others for Chavez and others--which was completed late last week. :-t
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby brdmaverick » Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:36 am

damn, i just traded manny/sexson/castillo for mags/chavez/pedro, and it was accepted last night
brdmaverick
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers