"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:03 am

Where are all the Laker lovers? What happened last night? I thought we were going to be the "sacrificial lamb" and the Lakers were going to "kill" the Pistons? Looks like LA was having a tough time matching up witht the Pistons, not the other way around as most of you predicted.

Game 1:
Pistons 87 - Lakers 75
;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby irishdude103 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:51 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Where are all the Laker lovers? What happened last night? I thought we were going to be the "sacrificial lamb" and the Lakers were going to "kill" the Pistons? Looks like LA was having a tough time matching up witht the Pistons, not the other way around as most of you predicted.

Game 1:
Pistons 87 - Lakers 75
;-D

that was luck and just to let you know i hate LA, i just think they are good to be honest
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Stand Pat » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:46 am

Pedro wrote:Yeah right, more like Lakers in 5, and I'm only saying Lakers in 5 because Detroit might win one at the Palace.

The Pistons barely beat a (sad) New Jersey team in which Jason Kidd did absolutely nothing.

Puhahahahahaha! So much for them lakers. I hope detroit closes out tonight.
Stand Pat
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby irishdude103 » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:28 am

Stand Pat wrote:
Pedro wrote:Yeah right, more like Lakers in 5, and I'm only saying Lakers in 5 because Detroit might win one at the Palace.

The Pistons barely beat a (sad) New Jersey team in which Jason Kidd did absolutely nothing.

Puhahahahahaha! So much for them lakers. I hope detroit closes out tonight.

easy to say after 4 games
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:12 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:How huge was Teyshawn Prince in this series with Indiana? Sure he didnt score, but that was a perfect example of why you dont have to score to be effective. His block on Miller in game 3 was just amazing, while his stuff on Oneal last night took the air out of the Pacers. The guy may not be a bigtime scorer or a cagey veteran, but Teyshawn saved the Pistons on more than one occasion this yr.

Anyway - for those of you who think the Lakers will roll over the Pistons, you've got a suprise comming. Im not saying the Pistons will win the Championship, but we will give them a better series than Minnesota did - thats for sure.

Sorry for quoting myself, but once again - how huge has Teyshawn been once again? I know its a team effort, and the Pistons are collapsing the lane to stop Kobe from driving, but 80% of the time its Tey v Kobe when Kobe has the ball. Prince is the man - his contributions on D and key moments in a game are immeasurable. Kobe has been reduced to whining and the comparisons to Jordan were quickly put to rest after running into the Prince!

There is no reason to think the Lakers will win tonight - the Pistons have dominated every aspect of this matchup. Who would have guessed Pistons in 5 - and it should have been a sweep!
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to General Talk