Nick Johnson - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Nick Johnson

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Nick Johnson

Postby bobhaldeman » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:11 am

OK, just how much help is Nick Johnson of the Expos going to be this year? Is he a fat Brad Wilkerson? I play a weird H2H format described below, which seems to love OPS and high BB guys like Dunn, Bellhorn, etc. What can we expect out NJ, and should I play him over the other dregs of my lineup? Will it matter if/when Carl Everett (currently a FA again in my league) returns?

Would seem he's the best of the active available players, probably ahead of Crede, LeCroy, Pena, Bay, Bigbie.

Ridiculous league...12 teams.....20 categories of scoring.....H2H......all MLB....10 hitting (BA, R, RBI, HR, SB, BB, K, TB, E, OPS) and 10 pitching (APP, IP, W, L, SV, HR, BB, K, HLD, ERA).......We play C 1B 2B SS 3B OF OF OF UTIL UTIL UTIL UTIL, plus 5 SP and 3 SP with 1 DL and daily unlimited transactions. So it's a deep league (28 man rosters + 1 DL) for only having 12 teams.
bobhaldeman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Nick Johnson

Postby Lofunzo » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:16 am

bobhaldeman wrote:What can we expect out NJ, and should I play him over the other dregs of my lineup?

Ridiculous league...12 teams.....20 categories of scoring.....H2H......all MLB....10 hitting (BA, R, RBI, HR, SB, BB, K, TB, E, OPS) and 10 pitching (APP, IP, W, L, SV, HR, BB, K, HLD, ERA).......We play C 1B 2B SS 3B OF OF OF UTIL UTIL UTIL UTIL, plus 5 SP and 3 SP with 1 DL and daily unlimited transactions. So it's a deep league (28 man rosters + 1 DL) for only having 12 teams.

It would help if I knew the other dregs in your lineup. With your cats, I like Johnson more than usual.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

dregs

Postby bobhaldeman » Tue Jun 01, 2004 3:37 am

The dregs of my lineup would be Choi, Mondesi, Chipper & Dave Roberts....they usually fill those four UTIL spots. I have suffered through losing Glaus & Sexson, but still lead this league by a large margin. My everyday players are V-Martinez, Frank Thomas, 2B de jour, Jose Valentin, Huff, Beltran, Edmonds, Berkman & Sheffield. Preston Wilson waits on the DL.

bobhaldeman
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Baseball Leftovers