Let an owner take a guy back who was dropped by mistake? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Let an owner take a guy back who was dropped by mistake?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Allow an owner to take back a player he mistakenly dropped?

Poll ended at Thu Apr 03, 2003 4:26 pm

Yes. Wouldn't you expect sympathy if it were you?
39%
No. He screwed up, and you wouldn't expect to get your guy back if it were you.
61%

Total votes : 18

more info

Postby NY1b23 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:50 pm

To be honest, I haven't even decided to take him. I like having the #1 waiver slot (Prior)....Williams doesn't excite me all that much. So I might not end up benefiting.
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Danks81 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:56 pm

Is Prior on waivers?
"I tried to hit a 1,000-foot homer. I went down on the ground and wasn't the same after that."
- Henry Rodriguez
Danks81
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:56 pm

Umm you could do like i did and make him trade someone to you for Williams. I had a guy in football do the same thing last year when he "accidently" dropped Charlie Garner. The guy asked everyone to pass, I picked him up anyway cause he's done it before. I made him trade me a RB for him. Not of equal value but helped me nonetheless. I would tell him since its happened a couple of times.. and since he's that dumb that many times and the fact that he said he wouldnt pass him up if it were the other way around.. tell him tough loss or start making offers to get Williams back.

Only thing i have against it is that it is a fairly cheap way of winning.. and i know others will disagree.. that just my opinion.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Billy's Beane's » Tue Apr 01, 2003 5:59 pm

If this is a yahoo league, then I say tough luck. I'll explain. If it were a situation where he clicked on the wrong name by mistake, ok, I say let him have him back. But this can not be the case here. In yahoo leagues, when you pick up a player, they list the possible players to be dropped alphabetically by last name. So, basically, Matt Anderson was listed at the very top, and Mike Williams was listed at the very bottom. So therefore, he didn't
miss-click.

Now, if it's the case where he thought Mike Williams was the Detroit pitcher...then tough luck. If you don't know the players on your own team well enough to know the difference between Matt Anderson and Mike Williams, then you should pack up your bags, and head to the minors.

The only way this guy is going to learn his lesson, is by getting screwed. Maybe then he'll learn to double check his transactions before he signs off on them.
Billy's Beane's
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Billy's Beane's » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:01 pm

Ok, if Prior is on waivers, then that is just silly and everyone in the league is silly.
Billy's Beane's
College Coach
College Coach

No

Postby NY1b23 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:03 pm

As for Prior, I was referring to how last season, at least in yahoo, Prior emerged on waivers. Every owner wanted him. The guy who had waiver priority #1 at that point got a great player for nothing....the value of conserving your waiver priority till later in the season.
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

No

Postby NY1b23 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:06 pm

Prior is not on waivers. I was referring to how last year, waiver slot #1 at the middle of the season was HUGE because you were the guy to get Prior for free...so it may be smart to conserve the slot if you have it at the beginning of the year, and you already have 3 closers, etc....
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Sorry

Postby NY1b23 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:07 pm

SORRY! Computer's screwed up...didn't see that the first Prior post went through.
NY1b23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Payne Dailey » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:26 pm

Getting Prior off of waivers last year was great but to hold on to a waiver priority is two in the bush instead of one in the hand. Get him and trade him if your killing in saves. fwiw
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Another step...

Postby NY1b23 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 6:30 pm

Great point. How often does a Prior come around midseason?

who to drop for Williams?

Here's my team (5x5 head to head)

C - Piazza
1b - D. Lee
2b - Soriano
3b - Hinske
SS - A. Boone
OF - Kearns (Beltran DL)
OF - Bernie
OF - G. Anderson
UTIL - Phelps
Bench - Durazo