Dennis Tankersley - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dennis Tankersley

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dennis Tankersley

Postby mcqfesijiba » Mon May 31, 2004 5:16 pm

At one time this guy was a pretty big name prospect. He sort of fell off the map after having a pretty bad year last year. He was always a very good K/9 guy in the minors (although his walks were always sort of high) and he's looked good between the minors and the majors this season. With Peavy out for a little while, Tankersley may very well get a nice long audition for a more permanent rotation role. Anyone think he may come close to realizing the potential he was once thought to have?
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Registered_Guest » Mon May 31, 2004 7:33 pm

I don't even think the Padres know the answer. He could start from here on out or turn into Ryan Vogelsong and be back in the minors by the end of the week.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby RynoSandberg » Mon May 31, 2004 7:52 pm

When Wells returns, Bochy is going to have to decide between Germano vs. Tankersley to fill Peavy's spot. I think they have to go with the Tank if he pitches another good game against the Brewers this week.

He had 9K, .83 Whip, and 0 ER in 6IP pitched against the Brew this weekend, so he definately got people's attention. His next I believe is against the Brewers again, so he'll no longer have the element of suprise that he may have had Saturday

I like him more than Germano right now. He's a gamble, but the payoff would be big if he succeeds.

I would grab him in NL only leagues and possibly stashing him on your bench in deep mixed leagues, if your in need of SP, and see how things play out in San Diego over the next couple weeks. Not for shallow mixed leagues at this point
Ryan ExpressIncognitoA Helping Head
RynoSandberg
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby thehat » Mon May 31, 2004 7:53 pm

Haven't seen this guy's name brought up for discussion in a long time.

A 38th round draft choice who good some folks awfully excited when he went off at AA in '01. That turned out to be the zenith, as he's been pretty ordinary or worse from there.

Anyway, I don't see any chance that he succeeds at this level.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby mwb743s » Mon May 31, 2004 8:24 pm

Not sure if this is something you were looking for but, Dennis is my best friends cousin, I just talked to him, and apparently his agent told him he is definitely on the trading block and probably would not be in San Diego the rest of the year. The Reds apparently want him the worst, along with interest from the Cardinals and The Red Sox showed some signs of wanting him back, there were a few others in the mix but those were the teams I remember. Of course you have got to realize he has heard this the last two years too, but apparently more this year than in the past. I personaly want to see him back here in St. louis!!!
mwb743s
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Location: Al Hrabosky's Ballpark Saloon taking a leak in the urinal in front of the double sided mirror!

Postby wrveres » Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:03 am

mwb743s wrote:Not sure if this is something you were looking for but, Dennis is my best friends cousin, I just talked to him, and apparently his agent told him he is definitely on the trading block and probably would not be in San Diego the rest of the year. The Reds apparently want him the worst, along with interest from the Cardinals and The Red Sox showed some signs of wanting him back, there were a few others in the mix but those were the teams I remember. Of course you have got to realize he has heard this the last two years too, but apparently more this year than in the past. I personaly want to see him back here in St. louis!!!

OMG 8-o

I was just saying this on the other thread ...

thanks ...
God I fricking love the cafe ... ;-D :-] ;-D :-]
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 744)

Postby wildfire » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:27 am

Dennis Tankersley? Damn, I thought it was just someone making fun of Dennis Eckersley's name..lol
wildfire
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers