Johnny Estrada - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Johnny Estrada

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby SaintsOfTheDiamond » Mon May 31, 2004 11:45 pm

Amazinz wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:last year, when he was down in AAA, i heard someone call him not only "the best Atlanta catcher" (that means better than javy lopez) but also the best catcher in the NL East.

Estrada is doing a great job and I think he can have a great year but he's not on Piazza's level. Not fantasy or IRL. It's not like this guy is a 20 year old stud with years of potential in front of him. You're seeing his best years right now and he won't maintain this pace all year IMO. If Estrada is a FA of course you'd want to grab him but I'd still take any of the Big 4 over him. His numbers won't be up to par at the end of the year.

Exactly. ;-D But he's still a better option for the here and now than most of what's on the ww IMO. I do agree that he won't keep this up as ATL will tail off as the season goes on IMO and one of the 'big 4' is better, but if you wait until later rounds to draft C's (as I did this year) you have to be loving a guy like this who was ww material in most leagues putting up numbers like he has so far. B-)
Member #4 of the Inaugural Yadier Molina Fan Club!!!
SaintsOfTheDiamond
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikey » Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:33 am

WhiteHot wrote:
mikey wrote:
George_Foreman wrote:last year, when he was down in AAA, i heard someone call him not only "the best Atlanta catcher" (that means better than javy lopez) but also the best catcher in the NL East.

Let me put it this way: if i didn't have posada/v. mart on one team and varitek/vmart on another, i'd snap him up in a second. he'll bat .300, hit 20 homers, and drive in near 100.

I have Posada and keep waiting for Estrada to go into a slump so I can drop him. It's been a month, and he's still on my team.

Why dont you try to trade Posada? You can get excellent value for him. Or trade Estrada for much less.

Oh, how I've tried.

It's just really tough to trade in my league. I've been in some leagues where trades happen all the time; in this one, they're just very rare (let's put it this way -- last week I was offered Figgins, Pierzynski and Grissom for Estrada, Tejada and Abreu. When I told the guy he was crazy, he told me Abreu is playing over his head right now and that I should cash in while his value is high 8-o).

But I digress. I figure I should keep Estrada while his RISP is high... regardless of position.
mikey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers