Dmitri Young in the lineup - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dmitri Young in the lineup

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby benjapage » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:03 am

i am so sad that big d is no longer a red. just reading this passage, "his helmet is bopping around on his head.. he just reaches up and knocks it off and seems like he hit another gear when that helmet came off," brought tears to my eyes. that's his trademark, man.

how nice would he look at 3b for the reds this year? dammit, bowden.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:36 am

From a fantasy perspective, DY was a top 3b pick before his injury, and that was before anyone realized the offensive output of the Tigers this season. I had him ranked just outside the top 5 3b at that time. He is still 3b eligible in Yahoo, and coming back into that lineup, he has to be considered top 5 3b if fully healthy.
As for OF - again, before the season started he was considered a decent 3rd OF, now that the lineup around him appears to be much better, he is easily a #3 OF, and possibly a #2. Hits for avg and power in the middle of a high scoring offense? What more do you want?

If he is still available in your league, you need to question the competition you are up against.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby beef » Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:34 am

He didn't have enough appearances at 3B last year to qualify this year in my Sportsline league. Think he'll play 3rd five times this year?

And I'm trying to gauge Young at OF right now. Can you guys compare him to anyone else out there?
beef
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers