How's this for symmetry? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How's this for symmetry?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

How's this for symmetry?

Postby nsulham » Mon May 31, 2004 10:31 am

ASSUMING the reports are true and he does return Friday, have a look-see at what Mark Prior's two biggest hyped regular season starts are:

May 22, 2002 vs. Pittsburgh----6 IP, 10 k's

June 4, 2004 vs. Pittsburgh----????

Pretty weird how his ML debut and his big return from a long DL stint are both against the Pirates, IF he comes back Friday like mentioned.
Image
nsulham
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 4883
Joined: 26 Dec 2002
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Charlottesville

Postby G-Man » Mon May 31, 2004 11:05 am

it will be nice to see him on the mound regardless after the scare earlier this year that he would be out all season.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1215
Joined: 21 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Baltimore

Postby DaQ » Mon May 31, 2004 11:18 am

GMan, is that supposed to by Rocky and Apollo for your avatar?

Hopefully Prior comes around when he comes back (just want to see him do well).
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager


Posts: 2583
Joined: 6 Feb 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby G-Man » Mon May 31, 2004 11:22 am

DaQ wrote:GMan, is that supposed to by Rocky and Apollo for your avatar?


it's from "Mike Tyson's Punch-Out" (old school Nintendo).
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1215
Joined: 21 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Baltimore

Postby josebach » Mon May 31, 2004 12:01 pm

DaQ wrote:GMan, is that supposed to by Rocky and Apollo for your avatar?

Hopefully Prior comes around when he comes back (just want to see him do well).


LOL. Obviously a member of Generation X-Box. :-b
josebach
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2036
Joined: 27 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tallahassee

Postby G-Man » Mon May 31, 2004 12:26 pm

josebach wrote:
DaQ wrote:GMan, is that supposed to by Rocky and Apollo for your avatar?

Hopefully Prior comes around when he comes back (just want to see him do well).


LOL. Obviously a member of Generation X-Box. :-b


It's a travesty that some have missed out on the experience of boxing vicariously through L'il Mac against legends like Super Macho Man, Bald Bull and Soda Popinski :-D
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1215
Joined: 21 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Baltimore

Postby ajgnydc722 » Mon May 31, 2004 12:33 pm

G-Man wrote:
josebach wrote:
DaQ wrote:GMan, is that supposed to by Rocky and Apollo for your avatar?

Hopefully Prior comes around when he comes back (just want to see him do well).


LOL. Obviously a member of Generation X-Box. :-b


It's a travesty that some have missed out on the experience of boxing vicariously through L'il Mac against legends like Super Macho Man, Bald Bull and Soda Popinski :-D


Don't forget Piston Honda, Glass Joe, King Hippo, Mr. Sandman and Don Flamenco. ;-D
Image
ajgnydc722
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 4067
Joined: 11 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: THE EMPIRE

Postby KolbSaves » Mon May 31, 2004 12:39 pm

I'm so bad at that game. Flamenco owns me all the time.
"If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
-Isaac Newton
KolbSaves
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3477
Joined: 10 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Detroit, MI

Postby jonnyblack » Mon May 31, 2004 12:40 pm

ajgnydc722 wrote:
G-Man wrote:
josebach wrote:
DaQ wrote:GMan, is that supposed to by Rocky and Apollo for your avatar?

Hopefully Prior comes around when he comes back (just want to see him do well).


LOL. Obviously a member of Generation X-Box. :-b


It's a travesty that some have missed out on the experience of boxing vicariously through L'il Mac against legends like Super Macho Man, Bald Bull and Soda Popinski :-D


Don't forget Piston Honda, Glass Joe, King Hippo, Mr. Sandman and Don Flamenco. ;-D



Who was the disapearing guy? Remember bald bull and piston honda getting tougher the second time around? Soda Popinski had that mad hook from both sides.
98% of Americans have a favorable opinion of puppies and rainbows.
How do you spell "biased?"
jonnyblack
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 763
Joined: 15 Jan 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Living Room, Watchin Baseball on Mute, Ignoring Idiot Red Sox and Yankee Fans

Postby Pokey » Mon May 31, 2004 12:43 pm

KolbSaves wrote:I'm so bad at that game. Flamenco owns me all the time.


just wait for him to do his big uppercut, sidestep, and then uppercut right,left,right,left until he's !+)
Pokey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1144
Joined: 6 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Vermont

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Thursday, Sep. 18
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Texas at Oakland
(3:35 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Pittsburgh
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
LA Dodgers at Chi Cubs
(8:05 pm)
Cleveland at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Arizona at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Philadelphia at San Diego
(9:10 pm)
Seattle at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact