Dam you Reds, stop winning & trade Graves! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dam you Reds, stop winning & trade Graves!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dam you Reds, stop winning & trade Graves!

Postby RynMan » Mon May 31, 2004 12:57 am

Every time that Graves gets a save, i look like more and more of a fool for trading him away. I bailed on him thinking the reds will deal him at the break, but so far with the Reds winning, they may be holding onto him after all!!! dammit!!! I still think tho that the reds will be very lucky to make the playoffs in the best division in baseball. Dam you graves owners for now!
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pedro » Mon May 31, 2004 1:28 am

No offense to the Reds but there is no way they will be able to contend with Houston and Chicago with their starting rotation and BP, it will catch up to them.

They've also been reaping the rewards of hot streaks from Casey, Dunn and Griffey.
[i]"Who's Karim Garcia? I have no respect for Karim Garcia. I have no respect for that guy. I don't have anything to prove to that guy. He needs to be forcing himself to come up to where I am, to my level."[/i]
Pedro
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Mon May 31, 2004 1:32 am

Pedro wrote:No offense to the Reds but there is no way they will be able to contend with Houston and Chicago with their starting rotation and BP, it will catch up to them.

They've also been reaping the rewards of hot streaks from Casey, Dunn and Griffey.

I agree with you to a point. Casey probably won't keep this up all year (he's now batting .392!), but to say that Griffey is on a hot streak I don't agree with. His BA is still terrible...we all knew the power was still there, so he's finally just healthy, he's not really on a hot streak. When he goes on a hot streak his average will come up to the proper .270 range.

I'm assuming you meant the Reds benefitted from Dunn's earlier hot streak, b/c he's ice cold now (some would argue he's not really cold either, just back to normal).

I agree though, assuming Houston and Chicago's staff's become healthy, the Reds would need some definite luck to make the playoffs.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby KULCAT » Mon May 31, 2004 10:01 am

I have Graves in some leagues but in my most important league he´s on the team in first place and im in second and because of that SP eligibily the guy is killing me. Im shopping him in two weeks
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 6)

Postby DMXdawg » Mon May 31, 2004 11:18 am

Reds will drop, it will be the Cards, the Cubs, and maybe the Cards in the race in Sept. This always happens to the NL center- they are always bunched up in the beginning. I'd wait until the 'Stros' staff and the Cubs staff to be healthy before dealing Graves.
DMXdawg
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers