Piazza Deal!!!! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Piazza Deal!!!!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Piazza Deal!!!!

Postby it'sbeenawhile » Mon Jun 24, 2002 5:26 pm

This guys has offered me Piazza and Olerud in exchange for Guardado, Zeile, and Kendall

Here's my take. Firstly, picking up the best catcher in the game is worth giving up a currently underachieving Kendall (average and all) As you can see, this guy needs saves. I like Olerud a little better than Zeile although I don't know if I should hold on to Zeile and ride the hot bat so far this year. what should I do?

The third question raised is saves. My closers right now are Percival, Kim, Guardado, and Acevedo. Knowing that a trading a closer is in my best interest to get some talent, I quickly snatched F. Cordero off the waiver wire. Is he valuable at all? Irabu's still on the wire----but I'm not daring to go there. I'm currently first in saves with 47. Second place is 45.

Anyway, I need some hitting---I'm currently last in runs and HR's and only second in RBI's. Should I go with this trade?
it'sbeenawhile

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:06 pm

While I'm usually reluctant to deal away saves, I don't really see how you can afford not to make this trade. Piazza is a huge upgrade over Kendall and will help you in the categories you need. I actually like Zeile a bit better than Olerud for the rest of the year, but that's a judgment call (Olerud has the slight edge so far). And while Cordero is obviously not a sure thing (we're talking about the Rangers' bullpen, after all), he's looked good so far and is worth a shot. If he does hold down the closer's role, you'll make out like a bandit in this deal. Go for it! ;-D
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers