Owner drops mantei should i complain? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Owner drops mantei should i complain?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arlo » Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:07 am

The trouble with cheaters is that they don't only spoil one league, but also have a carry-over effect like this. I agree that complaining about a move such as this might seem unnecessary, but if SoCalRebel has been in leagues that have fallen apart because of things like this, I can certainly understand his reaction...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Clevelander » Wed Apr 02, 2003 8:20 am

no need to bury you any more than some others have thus far but there's 2 things you can do about this.

1. pick him up yourself if it bothers you so much & 2. veto any trade he has to throw out involving the guy that dropped him if the deal looks shady, otherwise i would see it as a clean drop...
Harry Doyle: Remember, fans, Tuesday is Die Hard Night. Free admission for anyone who was actually alive the last time the Indians won the pennant.
Clevelander
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SF Fan » Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:23 pm

Mantei may or may not be worth complaining over, it really depends on your league and how much closers are worth. Even if Mantei is unproven, he still has the closer job on one of the best teams in baseball.

This is not as trivial as you guys are all making it sound. What if Eric Gagne was dropped or Arod. Would you guys complain then?? I don't mean to compare Mantei to these guys, there is no comparison, but if good players are dropped it could have a big impact on the league. For those of you that asked why you would complain about any dropped player, don't you think you should. If Arod was dropped and another manager picked him up it would give that team a huge advantage because of either stupidity or someone intentionally trying to screw up the league. I've seen it happen. Certain players just should not be dropped or it could ruin the league.
SF Fan

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby cwhitty » Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:41 pm

He missed most of last year so there is minor justification of dropping him. I wouldn't but some might. When someone does something dopey like that DON'T COMPLAIN, PICK HIM UP!
cwhitty
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby kcs261 » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:13 pm

I have to admit that I've never heard of a guy complaining about a WW move. You hear people complain about collusion in trades all the time. But this is a first for me.
kcs261
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Arlo » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:31 pm

I've seen it in many forms, unfortunately, including this one. Those who feel they need to cheat use every means available. I was in a league once where the "winner" finished on top because he asked a friend who was out of the running to bench players who would have compiled stats in certain key categories during the final week. Not as blatant as trading A-Rod for Rey Ordonez, but effective enough to determine the league's outcome... :-P
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The Jury » Wed Apr 02, 2003 7:47 pm

I could see complaining as a reasonable reaction only because he didn't drop Esteban Yan instead.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SoCalRebel » Wed Apr 02, 2003 11:42 pm

Ok check this out. It didnt even occur to me but this is the same guy who tryed to enter three teams before the season started and then had to this to say.

"I entered 3 teams because we didn't have enough guys, I thought we needed some teams to fill in the spots. I seen that you didn't want one user with more than one team so I deleted my other two. As for me in Fantasy Sports... I've won over.. lets say 5,000$ on sportingnews.com leagues... and I've placed first in every yahoo league so far.. so you're in for something else if you think I don't know what im doing.. peace and goodluck"

The reason we noticed he had three teams is because they all had the same email. There is all kinds of ways people will come up with to cheat. Like I said I did over react, its just matt mantei. I've just been real touchy because of a few of the leagues i was in last season, Ive learned my lesson and I wont cry when it comes to baseball anymore ;-D
SoCalRebel
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SoCalRebel » Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:56 pm

Same dude just dropped Rob Nenn. Im now convinced hes just an idiot. Either that, or did something recently happen with Nen?
SoCalRebel
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Payne Dailey » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:13 pm

I'd say that league is in serious trouble.
Payne Dailey
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers