Worst luck Ive ever had... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Worst luck Ive ever had...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Worst luck Ive ever had...

Postby jsuga22 » Sun May 30, 2004 5:07 pm

Going into this week I had the 3rd most total points in the 14 team Head to head league but my record was 19-30... 11 games out of first in my division. I had played 3 Team of the weeks in the first 7.

So this week, I have 500 which is usually good enough for not only a win but 5 or 6 wins if not a 7-2 week. But instead I am playing another team of the week and going to probably go 3-4 and lose games on most of the teams in my divsion who have 100 points less than me. Twice this year a team scored 600 points... I was playing them both times.

It gets so frustrating week in and week out. I have had some bad luck before for a week or two but this is nutz. Not to mention I have kerry wood, larry walker, pettite, shannon stew, and erstad filling up my bench.
jsuga22
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DaQ » Sun May 30, 2004 5:14 pm

I can feel ya. Wait till u beat them... }:-)

My team's been horrible the whole year (getting the 7 of the best players in the league by the trade deadline for next year's keepers is my master plan if everything doesn't pan out). For me today though, everything but Pujols (2-4, HR) has been bad:

The rest of the offense gained the huge number of 0 pts combined.

My pitchers today (Uggie and Looper) lost 32 pts combined. Worrell finally gets his call-up.

Hprefully, everyone gets back on track and you and I start to win soon.
Last edited by DaQ on Sun May 30, 2004 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Re: Worst luck Ive ever had...

Postby NZF » Sun May 30, 2004 5:16 pm

jsuga22 wrote:Going into this week I had the 3rd most total points in the 14 team Head to head league but my record was 19-30... 11 games out of first in my division. I had played 3 Team of the weeks in the first 7.

So this week, I have 500 which is usually good enough for not only a win but 5 or 6 wins if not a 7-2 week. But instead I am playing another team of the week and going to probably go 3-4 and lose games on most of the teams in my divsion who have 100 points less than me. Twice this year a team scored 600 points... I was playing them both times.

It gets so frustrating week in and week out. I have had some bad luck before for a week or two but this is nutz. Not to mention I have kerry wood, larry walker, pettite, shannon stew, and erstad filling up my bench.

You are not helping yourself with guys like Walker and Erstad cluttering up your bench. They have no value there at all unless it is a very very deep league.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby jsuga22 » Mon May 31, 2004 1:18 pm

It is a very deep league... 14 teams with 33 players per squad. I actually cut erstad loose. I have about 7 injuries on my bench right now out of 9 spots. I just picked up rene reyes for this week to play CF because I am not sure what is up with milton bradly. My only other option was aaron rowand.
jsuga22
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers