Magglio out of the lineup again... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Magglio out of the lineup again...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby G-Man » Sat May 29, 2004 6:54 pm

mtarail wrote:It sucks, but I don't think there's any reason to be too worried--yet. We're still only talking about a strained calf. Unless worse news comes down we're only talking about a few extra games that the Sox are resting him to bring him back at 100%. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens on Tuesday.

after all of the so-called "minor" injuries this season (read:GA, peavy) I am very "glass is half empty" when it comes to guys sitting out for multiple games. Most fantasy squads can't sustain losing maggs on top of whomever else was already lost so let's hope this really is just a case of playing it safe.
G-Man
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mtarail » Sat May 29, 2004 6:59 pm

G-Man wrote:
mtarail wrote:It sucks, but I don't think there's any reason to be too worried--yet. We're still only talking about a strained calf. Unless worse news comes down we're only talking about a few extra games that the Sox are resting him to bring him back at 100%. I'm just gonna wait and see what happens on Tuesday.

after all of the so-called "minor" injuries this season (read:GA, peavy) I am very "glass is half empty" when it comes to guys sitting out for multiple games. Most fantasy squads can't sustain losing maggs on top of whomever else was already lost so let's hope this really is just a case of playing it safe.

Seeing as how--as far as I know--we don't have any control over the injury, I think all Magglio owners (and I've got him in 2 leagues) can only wait it out. Obviously everyone who owns him is gonna have to plug someone else into the lineup for however long he's gone.
Bluto: Over? Did you say over? NOTHING is over until WE decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? HELL, NO!
Otter: Germans?
Boon: Forget it, he's rolling.
mtarail
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers