I hate the Twins - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

I hate the Twins

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

I hate the Twins

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat May 29, 2004 1:46 pm

Just as Ernie Witt had pencilled Justin Morneau's in to the roster as Team Canada's clean up hitter for the Olympics - the damn Twins go and call him up. No Morneau = no medal :,-(
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Sat May 29, 2004 2:09 pm

Agreed, although i can't wait to see what kind of lineup we can get if this World Cup happens. would be pretty cool to see.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby benjapage » Sat May 29, 2004 2:09 pm

and they're not even starting him today. :-/

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

sure

Postby JOEG » Sat May 29, 2004 2:33 pm

I'm sure my Twins are real concerned about the Canada baseball team! :-t
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Zito is God » Sat May 29, 2004 2:48 pm

I hate the Twins, but for diffrent reasons. They are in the same division as Cleveland so I have to hate them.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

how?

Postby JOEG » Sat May 29, 2004 2:58 pm

How can you hate the Twins..... small market team that never has stds and always plays its hardest and finds a way to compete?
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tavish » Sat May 29, 2004 2:59 pm

Yeah Team Canada will get smoked by Team USA now! Oh wait...
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Registered_Guest » Sat May 29, 2004 3:05 pm

Now if only they could hit a left-handed starter -- I'd be scared as a Twin fan to look at their record vs. left-handed starters over the past couple years.
Registered_Guest
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: how?

Postby Mookie4ever » Sat May 29, 2004 3:12 pm

JOEG wrote:How can you hate the Twins..... small market team that never has stds and always plays its hardest and finds a way to compete?

Mookie4ever wrote:Just as Ernie Witt had pencilled Justin Morneau's in to the roster as Team Canada's clean up hitter for the Olympics - the damn Twins go and call him up. No Morneau = no medal :,-(

edit: sarcastic statement meant to express my displeasure at the Twins calling up an important player for team Canada - the above was meant in no way to reflect negatively on MLB, the Minnesota Twins organization or the fine fans in Minnesota. If my remark was misconstrued by those with little or no imagination I humbly and profusely apologize.

Is that better?? sheesh
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 277)

Re: how?

Postby ensanimal » Sat May 29, 2004 3:13 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
JOEG wrote:How can you hate the Twins..... small market team that never has stds and always plays its hardest and finds a way to compete?

Mookie4ever wrote:Just as Ernie Witt had pencilled Justin Morneau's in to the roster as Team Canada's clean up hitter for the Olympics - the damn Twins go and call him up. No Morneau = no medal :,-(

edit: sarcastic statement meant to express my displeasure at the Twins calling up an important player for team Canada - the above was meant in no way to reflect negatively on MLB, the Minnesota Twins organization or the fine fans in Minnesota. If my remark was misconstrued by those with little or no imagination I humbly and profusely apologize.

Is that better?? sheesh

Beautifully put. :,-( :-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers