Yet Another Ethics Question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yet Another Ethics Question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Kelly Gruber » Sat May 29, 2004 7:54 pm

start anew. New draft and new system (we'll prolly do roto). But right now this one guy is pissed because he has a good team and might have had a chance to win if I didn't have the SP/RP's. So I guess we'll just keep on with the pool and I'll win their money. I'm willing to start over but some of them aren't...so I guess we'll just keep going on...
An unanswered question is better than an unquestioned answer
Kelly Gruber
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Trogdor » Sat May 29, 2004 8:40 pm

Kelly, tough spot you're in. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the posters who have thus far suggested there was something shady about your set-up. I won't rehash all their points, but I assume you're playing Yahoo? And you literally posted a Commisioner's Note, correct, not a message on the league's message board? In my Yahoo league, you don't even see the option to read the commisioner's note from my main team page -- I have to click on "All League Tools" to see the option to see the Commish's note. I'm sure there are people in my league who are knowledgable fantasy players but not so Yahoo savvy and may not realize that note is there. Just one more point that makes me think your disclosure wasn't much of one . . . although I have to admit I can't remember if "Commisioner's Note" was a main page option predraft.

Good luck. Friends above all else, so you and the guy in second might have to suck it up and toss the pot back.
Trogdor
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers