What happened to Chipper? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

What happened to Chipper?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What happened to Chipper?

Postby tmoney » Fri May 28, 2004 7:40 pm

I dont have the game on, but I saw on mlb.com that Chipper Jones was hit-by-pitch, and then Atlanta made a defensive substitution, taking out Chipper and putting in Dewayne Wise. Im guessing it has nothing to do with the hamstring, but I am hoping he did not get hit in a bad spot and possibly broken a bone. Anyone see the play or know what happened?
tmoney
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Fri May 28, 2004 7:43 pm

Got hit in the knee. No idea how serious it is. :-/
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby NZF » Fri May 28, 2004 7:44 pm

No it wasn't the hamstring. He got hit on the leg and is listed now as day to day.

It is just not Chippers year :-t
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby matmat » Fri May 28, 2004 7:46 pm

got plunked just above his left knee with a running inside fastball. He shook his leg a bit, walked to first, smiled walked around some more and came out of the game, apparently. I'm thinking it is probably a bad bruise, but I suppose it could be worse.
Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he'll drown because you forgot to teach him to swim.
[url=http://www.indra.com/8ball/front.html]Invaluable Fantasy Baseball Resource[/url]
matmat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby foamposited » Fri May 28, 2004 8:27 pm

He was heating up too... Oh well.. Time to plug in Kearns.
foamposited
College Coach
College Coach

update

Postby JOEG » Fri May 28, 2004 8:55 pm

watching the game...

just said it's only a bruise and will be day to day

however LaRoche is getting x-rays on his collarbone and they said it looks bad...... Delgado time? j/k
Poop
JOEG
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Trazcon » Fri May 28, 2004 9:09 pm

It's sad to see the Braves fall from grace. Hopefully they can put together for another playoff run...
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Quaker » Fri May 28, 2004 9:33 pm

Trazcon wrote:It's sad to see the Braves fall from grace. Hopefully they can put together for another playoff run...

I think it's a beatiful, beautiful thing. I'm tired of the Braves, almost as much as I'm tired of the Yankees.

Go Phillies
Quaker
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Trazcon » Fri May 28, 2004 10:18 pm

Quaker wrote:I think it's a beatiful, beautiful thing. I'm tired of the Braves, almost as much as I'm tired of the Yankees.

C'mon how can you say that the Braves CHOKED whenever the going got tough. It's frustrating being a Braves fan waiting for them to choke. Kinda like Red Sox fans to a FAR FAR (notice the CAPPED text) less degree...
"I think they out to get me, helpless was livin' sinful. If you was me all this pain I'm feelin would been done killed you"-- Nas
Trazcon
College Coach
College Coach

Postby DaQ » Fri May 28, 2004 11:10 pm

Quaker wrote:
Trazcon wrote:It's sad to see the Braves fall from grace. Hopefully they can put together for another playoff run...

I think it's a beatiful, beautiful thing. I'm tired of the Braves, almost as much as I'm tired of the Yankees.

Go Phillies

At first, I thought ud be a Mets fan like me. Phillies aren't a first-place team. BTW, Thome is hurt 2nite (hand)
DaQ
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers