How does Mondesi signing with Angels affect Chone Figgins? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

How does Mondesi signing with Angels affect Chone Figgins?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 28, 2004 3:36 pm

Bloody Nipples wrote:
TonyCee wrote:I think what everyone is really missing is that Jeff Davanon would lose value more than Figgins. Figgins will still play at 3rd versus right handers with Halter playing against lefties.

so would Figgins only play half the time? Would you rather drop Figgns or Gibbons for Mondesi?

I don't see why everyone is so high on Gibbons....he didn't have a great year last year...his RBI numbers were so high because he hit 3rd or 4th i the lineup, now that he's near the bottom, his value is not nearly as high. I would drop him.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bloody Nipples » Fri May 28, 2004 3:37 pm

slomo007 wrote:
Bloody Nipples wrote:
TonyCee wrote:I think what everyone is really missing is that Jeff Davanon would lose value more than Figgins. Figgins will still play at 3rd versus right handers with Halter playing against lefties.

so would Figgins only play half the time? Would you rather drop Figgns or Gibbons for Mondesi?

I don't see why everyone is so high on Gibbons....he didn't have a great year last year...his RBI numbers were so high because he hit 3rd or 4th i the lineup, now that he's near the bottom, his value is not nearly as high. I would drop him.

thanks. just dropped him
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TonyCee » Fri May 28, 2004 3:40 pm

Mondsei is a decent player but if he isn't stealing, how good is he really? Did he even steal one base on the Pirates this year? I don't think he did but I am to lazy to look it up, lol.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 28, 2004 3:42 pm

TonyCee wrote:Mondsei is a decent player but if he isn't stealing, how good is he really? Did he even steal one base on the Pirates this year? I don't think he did but I am to lazy to look it up, lol.

The Pirates don't really steal...every once in a while they do, but not a lot.

Plus he was hitting 3rd there...he won't hit 3rd in Anaheim. If he hits 5th or 6th, he will steal more IMO.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby TonyCee » Fri May 28, 2004 3:48 pm

slomo007 wrote:
TonyCee wrote:Mondsei is a decent player but if he isn't stealing, how good is he really? Did he even steal one base on the Pirates this year? I don't think he did but I am to lazy to look it up, lol.

Plus he was hitting 3rd there...he won't hit 3rd in Anaheim. If he hits 5th or 6th, he will steal more IMO.

Good points, thanks for that insight, I forgot to take into account where he hit duh! Considering I have Figgins on my team and he doesn't steal much because he hits in front of Vlad now, I should have known that, d'oh! Thanks again.
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 28, 2004 3:50 pm

TonyCee wrote:
slomo007 wrote:

Good points, thanks for that insight, I forgot to take into account where he hit duh! Considering I have Figgins on my team and he doesn't steal much because he hits in front of Vlad now, I should have known that, d'oh! Thanks again.

Haha, no problem. No guarantees...but he's definitely worth a roster spot until he shows if he is going to run or not...even if he's not, he could be still worth a spot due to RBI/Run opps.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Sunspot » Fri May 28, 2004 3:55 pm

Garrett Anderson will be back for the first game after the All-Star break (just a hunch not anything official). What will they do with Mondesi then? When GA comes back they should trade Mondesi to the Devil Rays and teach him a lesson.
Sunspot
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 28, 2004 3:56 pm

Sunspot wrote:Garrett Anderson will be back for the first game after the All-Star break (just a hunch not anything official). What will they do with Mondesi then? When GA comes back they should trade Mondesi to the Devil Rays and teach him a lesson.

Anderson (and his Arthritic) back will probably take Salmon's DH spot IMO.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby TonyCee » Fri May 28, 2004 4:00 pm

Sunspot wrote:When GA comes back they should trade Mondesi to the Devil Rays and teach him a lesson.

LOL, either that or the Royals, that'll teach him!
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby KULCAT » Fri May 28, 2004 4:05 pm

That would be so funny
"Nothing is this world worth remembering was ever accomplished without Pasion"-Hegel
KULCAT
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers