Mondesi signs with Angels for $1.75 million - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Mondesi signs with Angels for $1.75 million

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri May 28, 2004 3:30 pm

roto spin:

Raul Mondesi told the AP that he's agreed to terms with the Angels on a $1.75 million contract for the rest of the season.
The Angels haven't confirmed the signing, but it looks like Mondesi will join them this weekend and be added to the active roster on Tuesday. AL-only leaguers should grab him since he'll definitely be a regular player initially. Mondesi will probably start off as a DH, but once Tim Salmon returns, the Angels could shift Jose Guillen to center to open up a spot in the outfield. Even though he's probably a better player than Mondesi, Jeff DaVanon has his value decline with this news
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby flowbee » Fri May 28, 2004 3:32 pm

I would personally, average, power, rbi's are equal especially since he's playing for a better team but you may get 15 more stolen bases from mondesi.
flowbee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Bloody Nipples » Fri May 28, 2004 3:32 pm

KolbSaves wrote:This (or the Yankees or either Sox team) was the only situation that could make him worthwhile to have on your team. If nothing else he'll get some runs and bat some more in. Should be a good 4th outfielder.

Who thinks this? Still deciding.....
Bloody Nipples
General Manager
General Manager

Postby slomo007 » Fri May 28, 2004 3:32 pm

KolbSaves wrote:This (or the Yankees or either Sox team) was the only situation that could make him worthwhile to have on your team. If nothing else he'll get some runs and bat some more in. Should be a good 4th outfielder.

Yep, that's how I'm using him exactly. He is not a fantasy team savior...but like I said in another thread, a potential 20/20 guy should not be a FA.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby UTbdiddy » Fri May 28, 2004 4:01 pm

Personally I dont think Mondesi has much fantasy value anymore, but I pity the person who runs on that outfield 8-o !!! With Guillen, Vlad and Mondesi that is three of the strongest arms in the game...yikes!
UTbdiddy
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MashinSpuds » Fri May 28, 2004 4:10 pm

This guy is such a class act. A whole 3 weeks it took him to change his mind, thus booting his family and credibility to the curb. I don't know if anything was going on in that Pirates clubhouse, but if there's anyone who should get a long-term hamstring injury or two it'd be Mondesi and his selfish butt.

Fantasywise, I wouldn't bet the house on him. Didn't do much for the Yanks, didn't do much for the Pirates. Hasn't had consecutive 400+ at-bat seasons since 1999. It's true he's on the Angels, and he could probably put up decent numbers, but you might as well pick up someone healthier and without a bib&rattle.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers