Return to Baseball Leftovers

Helton Trade

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Helton Trade

Postby Jungle Bookie » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:11 am

I was offered a trade that goes like this:

I GET/ HE GETS
Helton,Tejada/Garciaparra, Hillenbrand, Lowe

Filling in for me at the 3rd base spot would be Joe Randa and at the pitcher spot would most likely be A.J. Burnett. It's a shallow head-to-head league.
Jungle Bookie
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AirTimid » Mon Jun 24, 2002 10:41 am

aren't tejada and garciaparra pretty close from a fantasy perspective? So that leaves Helton for Hillenbrand and Lowe. Hillenbrand and Lowe are both overachieving this year, although I think Hillenbrand should continue to be solid. Conversely, I think Lowe will start to wear down as the season progresses since he's been basically a 1 inning closer the last 2-3 years. Helton is a proven star, plus he plays at Coors. I think I would look for more established talent when dealing Helton.
AirTimid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:21 am

It looks pretty close to me. Tejada has been amazing, and Randa is underrated, but Lowe's performance will be missed. AirTimid's point that he may tail off somewhat is worth considering, although Lowe's pitch counts haven't been terribly high so far. At any rate, Burnett makes for a nice replacement. If your h2h scoring isn't terribly skewed toward starting pitching, I'd accept this offer. Helton's performance should more than make up for what you lose. The shallower the league, the more important the true stars become, and Helton is one of the best.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby AirTimid » Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:29 am

Crap, I thought you got Hillenbrand and Lowe...LOL. Reeding is Fundimental >:-# . Anyways, I agree with Arlo
AirTimid
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers