Miguel Cabrera: superstar? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Miguel Cabrera: superstar?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby frankgrimes » Fri May 28, 2004 4:14 pm

maybe it's because I have him but the projections seem a little low to me.
From what I've read the njury is not very serious. I only think he will continue to improve with every game

I'm thinking .300 35 hr's 105-110 RBIs 100 R
Chavezesque numbers with a little higher BA
frankgrimes
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Longhorns76 » Fri May 28, 2004 4:23 pm

I won't put him up there with the Superstars in FBB because he is not a threat to steal and his average isn't Pujols capable...yet. Maybe he will in the future. But to say he could be a great player there is no question but there are still holes in his game that need to be addressed. Right now, he is Andruw Jones. Later with some seasoning and the natural progression of someone who is so young, he could become the next Manny or Vladimir.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby beef » Fri May 28, 2004 4:29 pm

I'll agree if I was comparing his value as an outfielder, he's Andruw Jones. Throw in his 3B eligibility and his value takes quite a jump. That's my opinion atleast...
beef
College Coach
College Coach

Postby baseballboy » Fri May 28, 2004 4:33 pm

frankgrimes wrote:I'm thinking .300 35 hr's 105-110 RBIs 100 R Chavezesque numbers with a little higher BA

Agreed ;-D
baseballboy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Longhorns76 » Fri May 28, 2004 4:36 pm

How many games typically does one need to play at a position to gain eligibility at that position? It greatly enhances his value on draft day obviously and moves his round value up at least 3 rounds. I don't think he will see anytime at 3B this year unless Lowell gets hurt.
"Relievers are like volatile stocks. They're the one asset you need to watch closely, and trade for quick profits." --Billy Beane
Longhorns76
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 28, 2004 4:44 pm

Longhorns76 wrote:How many games typically does one need to play at a position to gain eligibility at that position? It greatly enhances his value on draft day obviously and moves his round value up at least 3 rounds. I don't think he will see anytime at 3B this year unless Lowell gets hurt.

You need 15 games at an individual position in order to gain eligibility. OF positions are separated, though. If you have a 3B that plays 12 games in LF, 10 in CF, and 14 in RF, unfortunately, he won't have OF eligibility. Barring injury or trade of Lowell, Cabrera should only be an OF next year. :-/
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Postby Go_Giants » Fri May 28, 2004 6:44 pm

This isn't a keeper league though...so he'll be eligible at 3B all season in yahoo leagues, correct?
Go_Giants
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Urge » Fri May 28, 2004 6:59 pm

baseballboy wrote:
frankgrimes wrote:I'm thinking .300 35 hr's 105-110 RBIs 100 R Chavezesque numbers with a little higher BA

Agreed ;-D

Double agreed, but I wouldn't be suprised at him reaching Pujol numbers without the average .300/40/120/120
Urge
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Go_Giants » Fri May 28, 2004 7:28 pm

40 homers? Wow...high expectations 8-o
Go_Giants
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Lofunzo » Fri May 28, 2004 8:27 pm

Go_Giants wrote:This isn't a keeper league though...so he'll be eligible at 3B all season in yahoo leagues, correct?

Yes. You can't lose old eligibility during the season. You can gain eligibility, though.
Lofunzo

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 11)

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers