Butler/Boone/Durham????? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Butler/Boone/Durham?????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Butler/Boone/Durham?????

Postby Catsox » Sun Jun 23, 2002 10:55 pm

I have both Bret Boone and Ray Durham obviously neither one is really lighting up the stat's but Brent Butler is available and I need some help at 2nd base. Boone is helping in R and RBI but Durham's avg. is higher and he helps in steals where I am lacking. Although I'm not doing great in the AVG. dept. either. So I'm just wondering do you think Boone will pick things up in the second half, or should I drop him and pick up Butler and hope he keeps it up?

Thanks for any advice
Catsox

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon Jun 24, 2002 11:11 am

Hi Catsox. That's an unusual and interesting situation to be in. You could make an argument for all three possible combinations of 2b's here...

Staying with Boone/Durham is probably the safest way to go. Butler hasn't been up long enough to prove that he's for real, although the early signs do look encouraging (plus, he's been considered an intriguing prospect for some time, going back to his days in the Cards organization). You know what you're getting with Durham and Boone, and can also hope for some improvement. I'm not terribly worried about Boone's bruised knee, so that shouldn't be a factor. Besides, these two are an excellent combination, since you can choose whether you need more speed or more power at any given time.

If you want to take a chance, however, Butler would be an excellent choice. I think he'll be pretty successful, and playing half his games at Coors definitely won't hurt. If you have daily lineup changes, you can also go with a Colorado platoon, playing Butler at home, your other 2b the rest of the time.

If the choice were mine, I'd grab Butler. I expect Boone to improve on his first half numbers, but not enough to justify passing on this opportunity.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Catsox » Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:21 pm

Thanks for the advice. I ended up keeping Durham and Boone, grabbed Butler and dropped Saarloos. He might be alright but I am the leader in almost every pitching category and don't really need him. We'll see if it pans out.
Catsox

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon Jun 24, 2002 6:23 pm

Now that's a good move! Perfect solution. ;-D

Now watch the trade offers roll in...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Baseball Leftovers