god bless juan uribe - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

god bless juan uribe

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

god bless juan uribe

Postby sinicalypse » Thu May 27, 2004 10:02 pm

truth be told, this is probably my third thread on the guy... but as far as fantasy baseball goes, i love this mang.

even as of right now with a 2HR game tonight, i dont 100% expect him to be like this all year... but evidently this guy has skills that never manifested themselves in colorado... he had a good rookie campaign that made him worthy of being on a fantasy squad, but this year is off the hook.

i fully acknowledge that he's basically a 0 RBI guy (7/16 right now) but aside from that he's helpoed wiht average, runs, steals, and he's even hit 4 or 5 HR for me since i picked him up.

he could be like .300/20/65/20 this year, and he's freshly eligible at both 2B and SS. with the loss of marcus giles for awhile, uribe's flexibility has been a godsend since i can pencil him in everyday and play the waiver wire or trade circuit for a 2B or SS, depending on who's hot.

of course, i dumped supuertorican jose valentin yesterday, and he has a 3 run jack tonight... still, i've got suspect infields in all 3 of my leagues, and i was able to plug uribe into two of them, and my production has been great, keeping my offenses afloat as top-3 offenses in both leagues (1st and 3rd place, respectively)

is anyone else a frequent passengar on the magical juan uribe express?
sinicalypse
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ensanimal » Thu May 27, 2004 10:06 pm

i hate him since the owner i'm up against in h2h has him playing. 2hr, 10 total bases tonight. that hurts me.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby bibsybob » Thu May 27, 2004 10:08 pm

yea it seems like my opponent who coming into this week was 8th place out of 10 is killing the ball with uribe, sheff, wells, carlos lee and furcal
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: god bless juan uribe

Postby mikey » Thu May 27, 2004 10:09 pm

sinicalypse wrote:with the loss of marcus giles for awhile, uribe's flexibility has been a godsend since i can pencil him in everyday and play the waiver wire or trade circuit for a 2B or SS, depending on who's hot.

Uribe has saved me too since Giles went down.
mikey
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby kentx12 » Thu May 27, 2004 10:36 pm

I tip my hat to him too. I put him in to start at 2nd tonight since I had Kent benched and I got great numbers from him. ;-D
kentx12
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby JackBauer » Thu May 27, 2004 10:47 pm

I picked up Uribe and Mora off the wire right after the season started and they've both been awesome, thus far.
JackBauer
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Bea Arthur » Fri May 28, 2004 12:51 pm

Uribie seems to be the real deal. Every time you think, 'oh he's just a fluke, he'll cool off', he goes out and has a game like he did yesterday.

It's also encouraging that Ozzie Guillen said after yesterdays game that Uribe will be playing every day, even if he has to start him at catcher! ;-D
Bea Arthur
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Tis » Fri May 28, 2004 3:34 pm

JackBauer wrote:I picked up Uribe and Mora off the wire right after the season started and they've both been awesome, thus far.

i picked up mora early (very happy so far) and uribe a couple days ago. i figured the karma of being benched a few days might snap orlando cabrera out of his funk.

the two games ive had uribe, 4/9 4r 2hr 2rbi 1s
Tis
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: god bless juan uribe

Postby Krunk City King$ » Fri May 28, 2004 4:20 pm

mikey wrote:
sinicalypse wrote:with the loss of marcus giles for awhile, uribe's flexibility has been a godsend ....

Uribe has saved me too since Giles went down.

doods....

i am in the uribe/giles club as well......

thanks to "juan gone II" i am winning in homeruns at the moment and my opponent has bgiles, ordonez, chipper, pujols (and koskie on his bench)...

so he is not too happy right about now...

;-D
:-D
!+)
Krunk City King$
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers