Is this a trade to veto? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is this a trade to veto?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is this a trade to veto?

Postby coolwaterx » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:45 am

Vidro and Payton for Abreu then dropping Floyd

The guy who traded for Vidro has Eric Young at 2nd, Bonds, Luis Gonzalez and Dave Roberts in the OF. Is it a trade to veto or just a stupid trade?

BAMBA AND BEAR
Batters Opp O-Rank Rank R HR RBI SB AVG
Payton, Jay (CF, LF-Col) @Hou 280 330 - - - - -
Vidro, Jose (2B-Mon) - 94 249 - - - - -

blksoxboys
Abreu, Bobby (RF, CF-Phi) - 18 308 - - - - -

blksoxboys - Players to drop
Floyd, Cliff (RF, LF, DH-NYM)
coolwaterx
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Hmmmm

Postby joe61878 (Guest) » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:05 am

The trade in itself doesn't seem grossly unfair, but why would he drop Cliff Floyd? That's the part I don't get. I would say do not veto it -- it doesn't sound like collusion, just stupidity.
joe61878 (Guest)

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Arlo » Mon Mar 31, 2003 10:50 am

Agreed - I wouldn't put in a veto here unless you have reason to suspect collusion.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Mordraken » Mon Mar 31, 2003 12:14 pm

In my oppinion, there is only one reason to veto a trade: Collusion.

What is Collusion? When one owner agrees to trade a player in exchange for real-life-hard-cash and/or a share in the expected winnings. That would NEVER happen at the beginning of the year (unless two owners are being extremly obvious and trading the 10 best players for the 10 worst players).

Protecting owners from their own stupidity is not the job of the commissioner. The dumb owners will learn that way...

In this case, one owner is receiving Vidro & Payton (then droping Floyd) and losing Abreu.

Looking at his lineup, Eric Young is DONE - Finished...like the scraps you give your dog. The only good thing about him is the 30 SB you should expect. He can't even be relied on to score runs. Vidro on the other hand is a guy who will get 100 RBIs and 100 Runs with a >300 avergae.

Next Payton could be another 100 RBI, Run guy with 30-40 homers. Might not too, but nobody knows. Most are projecting him to get in the 80s of both RBIs and RUns with 30 homers.

Abreu had a career year last year and MIGHT do it again, but also might not.

Last couple of years were Floyd's first full years in 10 ML years I think... he's always been injured... Maybe that's why he's droping him.

BUT - Abreu for Vidro & Payton I would do if I had Eric Young at 2B... but I would drop Eric Young. The guy doing the dropng just doesn't know enough about baseball, and that's his problem.
Mordraken
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby iwonthisleague » Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:54 pm

if you have a high waiver priority than you would be stupid to veto cause you could pick up floyd
iwonthisleague

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby The Jury » Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:43 pm

In some leagues (including Yahoo) you can't pick up your own dropped player until he clears waivers.

The trade itself is fine, but dropping Cliff Floyd isn't. Don't veto it, but be puzzled by it. And get Cliff Floyd^^
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Siege1386 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:17 am

You got to let it go, but warn the guy about being stupid after it goes through. Then grab Cliff Floyd like previously stated.
Help me out by making a [url=http://www.fsworld.net/modules/donations/]Donation[/url] or [url=http://www.fsworld.net/register.php]Registering[/url] for my website

Siege1386
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby Danks81 » Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:57 am

Let it go through
"I tried to hit a 1,000-foot homer. I went down on the ground and wasn't the same after that."
- Henry Rodriguez
Danks81
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers