Celebrity boxing...Who would you like to see? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Celebrity boxing...Who would you like to see?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:19 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:It's an interesting story. That should have been the scandal, rather than spending untold millions investigating if Clinton got a little action with an intern.

When will you guys get it? It wasn't about sex.....It was about lying under oath
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:48 pm

wkelly. I get that you had a problem with the lying under oath. But if you didn't have a problem with him getting a little action, why did you guys spend 60 million dollars on the Starr investigation to get to the lying under oath part?

It was about more than lying under oath. It was about spite, if you ask me.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:56 pm

AA:

If that was all it was about "sex" and "spite" than you would be correct.

For the record, when you say "you guys" meaning me? You would be wrong. Yes, I have voted Republican all my life but I don't march in lockstep with them.

In fact I may vote Liberitarian this time. :-?
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:56 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:While that's true that he could, he is awfully... leftish for a republican. Supports abortion, gay rights, and gun control. Calling him part of the right is like calling Zell part of the left.

I think this is the root of a lot of our political problems. Social and economic policies are tied together to generalize a group, when in fact, they can clearly be seperate issues.

One can easily hate big government AND support legal abortion, gay rights, legalization of drugs, etc... These people are more in line with Libertarian ideology than Republican, but both are thrown into a "right wing" generalization.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:59 pm

You are so right Cornbread! I think many on this board are confused in that respect. :*)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:08 pm

You see, I'd consider myself a social liberterian, though fiscally I doubt some of their programs. I get that, but we need to have a more varied political climate to get anywhere in this country.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:12 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:You see, I'd consider myself a social liberterian, though fiscally I doubt some of their programs.

a social libertarian? what the hell is a social libertarian?

From what Ive read, your about as far left as it gets AA.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:16 pm

Well, a liberterian basically believes in little to no governmental control, right?

A social liberterian believes that we need little to no governmental control in personal matters: i.e. legalization of drugs, gay marriage, assisted suicide, etc. To sum up my beliefs: If it doesn't hurt you, keep your nose out of it. Financially, I'm not so sure that I believe in their ethos, but I haven't read enough of their financial ideology to say for sure. Which is why I'd rather call myself a social liberterian.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby irishdude103 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:34 pm

Los Angeles Cubs wrote:Gary Coleman vs. that really big guy from "Big Fish"

thats a good one to
irishdude103
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

(Past Year: 1)

Postby wkelly91 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:29 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:A social liberterian believes that we need little to no governmental control in personal matters: i.e. legalization of drugs, gay marriage, assisted suicide, etc. To sum up my beliefs: If it doesn't hurt you, keep your nose out of it.

So would you agree to have the federal goverment get out of social management entirely? Meaning Income re-distribution? Will you allow drug addicts who have fried their brains to die? Or will you still want government intervention there? If you are a true social liberitarian you would want goverment out of persons lives both good and bad.

There was a time in this country when there were no social programs. Who supported the less fortunate then? Churchs, families, small towns etc. Today it is the almighty Federal Goverment with their gun in one hand, and the other reaching for the wallets those who have earned their money and been responsible with their lives with the other.

Now thanks in part to the Federal Government...families are fragmenting. Churches are building gyms instead of changing lives. Small towns don't know each other :,-(

Rosanne Barr vs Callista Flockheart 8-o
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk