Celebrity boxing...Who would you like to see? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Celebrity boxing...Who would you like to see?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:29 pm

It's an interesting story. That should have been the scandal, rather than spending untold millions investigating if Clinton got a little action with an intern.

But I think that we can agree on the fact that we need more than two political parties in this country. It's not doing us any favors. The liberterian party is doing pretty well for themselves, but we need a dozen political parties to really give us really different choices.

Will Kerry be any better than Bush? I don't see how he can be worse. I really am voting Anybody But Bush this year - and before you say that it's a silly thing to say, consider the fact that the expression "anybody but bush" is in itself a tongue-in-cheek play on the "Anybody But Carter" republican campaign of 1980.

I think that the following site sums up my feelings about the next election pretty well: http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvo ... anyway.com
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bucsfan04 » Tue Jun 08, 2004 7:00 pm

Steinbrenner vs. Epstein ;-D
bucsfan04
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Postby DieHardCubbie » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:19 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:
I think that the following site sums up my feelings about the next election pretty well: http://www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvo ... anyway.com

Dang AA...I thought you had found a good site....until I read this...

If you make *any* profit whatsoever, I ask that it all be donated to a worthwhile cause, such as a charity. Beer, in this instance, is not a worthwhile cause.

:-?

Nice find... ;-D
[b]Useless Trivia of the day[/b]

England's Worcester Canoe Club set the world record for paddling a hand-propelled bathtub. The 25 man team covered a distance of 55 miles, 425 yards in 24 hours on September 28 and 29, 1979.
DieHardCubbie
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:33 pm

Plus, it's got the best domain name for a website since http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:44 am

Absolutely Adequate wrote:Will Kerry be any better than Bush? I don't see how he can be worse. I really am voting Anybody But Bush this year - and before you say that it's a silly thing to say, consider the fact that the expression "anybody but bush" is in itself a tongue-in-cheek play on the "Anybody But Carter" republican campaign of 1980.

Yes this slogan was used, and that's all it was...a slogan. The reality was that Rebublicans were solidly behind Reagan and the platform he had put forth. Reagan won with 44 states....a landslide in political terms.

Unfortunately for the left, there is little solid support for Kerry. He is not charismatic, he has a platform that offers little in the way of optimism for the country or difference from the Republicans.

You will not see a Kerry landslide this year. :,-(
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:47 pm

You wont see a Kerry win PERIOD!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:58 pm

It should be pointed out that Carter had higher approval ratings at this point in the election cycle than Bush. I'm not predicting a Kerry landslide, mind you, but I am predicting a substantial win for the good guys.

By the way, do you think that Bush will drop his opposition to stem cell research after Reagan's death?
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby LionsandTigersOhMy » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:03 pm

Yea and Mondale was ahead of Reagan in the polls too!That was until Reagan put a 49 out of 50 thumping on him!
LionsandTigersOhMy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby wkelly91 » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:12 pm

Absolutely Adequate wrote:And for the record: I'd take Garafolo, Franken, and Soros over Coulter, Rush, and Savage any day of the week.

Coulter is a twig and Garafolo could take her I would think. Rush doesn't look like he'd have a lot of stamina, to be honest. re: Savage versus Soros - I don't know what Savage and Soros look like, so I'll just take it on faith that Savage would lose. Because I doubt that his tiny black heart could sustain him for any length of time in the ring.

The right has Arnold......he'll kick anyones ass on the left ;-)
wkelly91
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Absolutely Adequate » Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:17 pm

LionsandTigersOhMy wrote:Yea and Mondale was ahead of Reagan in the polls too!That was until Reagan put a 49 out of 50 thumping on him!

I'm not really sure that you're following the conversation completely.

The right has Arnold......he'll kick anyones ass on the left

While that's true that he could, he is awfully... leftish for a republican. Supports abortion, gay rights, and gun control. Calling him part of the right is like calling Zell part of the left.
Absolutely Adequate
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk