Affeldt with a save?/ - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Affeldt with a save?/

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Affeldt with a save?/

Postby sosafan » Tue May 25, 2004 10:42 pm

Bout time he got something goin his way!
sosafan
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby benjapage » Tue May 25, 2004 10:48 pm

scary, though. single and double, then he made a throwing error that allowed a run to score. boy, people really jock this kid and from where i'm sitting, it sure looks like he's flailing out there. i mean, i hope he isn't because i have him--and i'm desperate for saves help, so...please, jeremy. hold on to the damned job.

yours truly,
b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby thehat » Tue May 25, 2004 10:53 pm

Benja...got your facts wrong, I watched the game. Single by Shelton, strikeout, single by Sanhcez that bcame a double thanks to Berger thowing to wrong base (unreal how bad this KC team is in pure fundamentals). Next guy grounds out, but Relaford makes a bad throw to first that Harvey still should have had. Run scores. IRod then grounds into a game ending DP...only it wouldn't have been had Guillen not been called for obstruction when he went into and past 2B standing up on the throw. IRod would likely have beaten the throw to first anyway, which would have resulted in an unearned run and a 4-4 tie.

Affeldt threw the ball pretty well, and escapes with the save despite nearly being sabotaged by the goofballs behind him.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby sosafan » Tue May 25, 2004 11:04 pm

thehat wrote:Benja...got your facts wrong, I watched the game. Single by Shelton, strikeout, single by Sanhcez that bcame a double thanks to Berger thowing to wrong base (unreal how bad this KC team is in pure fundamentals). Next guy grounds out, but Relaford makes a bad throw to first that Harvey still should have had. Run scores. IRod then grounds into a game ending DP...only it wouldn't have been had Guillen not been called for obstruction when he went into and past 2B standing up on the throw. IRod would likely have beaten the throw to first anyway, which would have resulted in an unearned run and a 4-4 tie.

Affeldt threw the ball pretty well, and escapes with the save despite nearly being sabotaged by the goofballs behind him.
:-° :-° :-° :-° :-°
sosafan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Transmogrifier » Tue May 25, 2004 11:05 pm

Let's hope he pitches a little better. I need him to be the closer I really think he can. ;-D
I'm back. Sorta.

Do not boo Johnny.
Transmogrifier
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Postby sosafan » Tue May 25, 2004 11:16 pm

Transmogrifier wrote:Let's hope he pitches a little better. I need him to be the closer I really think he can. ;-D

I am with you on that one TransMO! ;-D ;-D
sosafan
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thehat » Tue May 25, 2004 11:36 pm

Jeez...the guy pitched well tonight! Didn't come unhinged despite awful play by his defense, the hits off him were hardly what you'd call blasts (Sanchez hit an opposite field "double" that should have been a single and was on a pitch outside the strike zone).

If Affeldt thows the ball like this every time out, his results will be very solid.
thehat
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby AKhomebrewer » Tue May 25, 2004 11:44 pm

Two save chances, two errors (and occasional Little-League execution) behind him. This could be an adventure. Hope he keeps the job, though.
• Aaron Hill: Avoids DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
• Aaron Hill: Headed for DL Jul 12 (RotoWire)
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Return to Baseball Leftovers