CAN I compete? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

CAN I compete?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CAN I compete?

Postby JcMjesusX » Tue May 25, 2004 3:45 pm

I started a head to head league that starts midseason, week 12 .. during the draft i accidentally selected blaylock AND lee instead of starters like I was going to 8-o .. my question is, do you think my rotation is strong enough to keep me in it? I feel some of my starters are good but underrated. I know my offense is strong (especially after I dump blaylock/rolen/lee for a good SS), but what moves do you think i should make to compete when week 12 comes around? What players should I watch up until that time? Thanks for your help, and if you post, ill give you my advice.

R HR RBI SB AVG

C J. Varitek
1B J. Bagwell
2B J. Kent
3B S. Rolen
SS A. Everett
OF M. Ordóñez
OF M. Lawton
OF T. Hunter
UT H. Blalock

BN D. Lee
BN J. Encarnación

IP W SV K ERA WHIP

SP M. Clement
SP R. López
SP D. Willis
SP H. Ramírez
SP S. Ponson
SP R. Harden
SP Z. Greinke (took him to watch him)

RP A. Rhodes
RP J. Valverde
RP J. Borowski
[url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=425904#425904][b]Please rate my team![/b][/url]
JcMjesusX
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rubidium » Tue May 25, 2004 7:06 pm

How many teams is it? Assuming it's 12, your pitching is weak. I would try to deal Rolen and see if you can get an Oswalt/Mulder type for him.
Rubidium
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DM » Tue May 25, 2004 7:30 pm

your starting pitching is terrible plus i think Lopez on the Orioles is doin Relief now ( i could be wrong ) and also there has been talk of moving Harden to be the closer of the A's so ur pitching might even get weaker
DM
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby JcMjesusX » Tue May 25, 2004 10:09 pm

Yes, its 12 man .. I hape Lopez because they just moved him to the rotation, he has under a 1.0 ERA .. yes they were thinking of moving harden to closer until he had a couple good starts .. I'm right now actually trying to move Rolen for W. Miller. Also Ramirez has one of the lowest ERAs in the league right now, just a lack of run support has kept him from winning .. I don't think its as weak as it seems but obviously has room for improvement, as I am trying to do.

Does D. Lee have any trade value?
[url=http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=425904#425904][b]Please rate my team![/b][/url]
JcMjesusX
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby tlef316 » Tue May 25, 2004 11:08 pm

you're in trouble. your SP's are very weak, and you might be hurting for saves too(valverde is getting no ops) id try to deal rolen for a top 10 SP. lee is still struggling, but he is still worth starting if you can deal rolen.

other than that, good luck. id look over the WW for a SS, becuase everett is coming back to earth. id also look for an OF, because i wouldnt be comfortable with lawton or encarnacion
welcome home andy
tlef316
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team