CBS Sportsline misprint??? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

CBS Sportsline misprint???

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

CBS Sportsline misprint???

Postby Juhlz » Tue May 25, 2004 3:06 pm

P-Dub was expected back after surgery by June 1st right? On CBS they said he is not ready for on-field activities and won't return before July 1. If he returns after July 1, that would mean that he would be out for 10 weeks. I think they meant to write June 1 which would put him and the 6 week mark which was originally projected as the return date. If he takes 8 weeks he should be back mid June. Do you think that was a typo? I have grabbed him off waivers in 2 leagues...schweeeet Heysoos!!
Juhlz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: CBS Sportsline misprint???

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 25, 2004 3:07 pm

Juhlz wrote:P-Dub was expected back after surgery by June 1st right? On CBS they said he is not ready for on-field activities and won't return before July 1. If he returns after July 1, that would mean that he would be out for 10 weeks. I think they meant to write June 1 which would put him and the 6 week mark which was originally projected as the return date. If he takes 8 weeks he should be back mid June. Do you think that was a typo? I have grabbed him off waivers in 2 leagues...schweeeet Heysoos!!

The latest prognosis is July 1st. Read that he just did some light running for the first time yesterday. I'm thinking of trading him, injury dates being pushed back make me nervous.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby Amazinz » Tue May 25, 2004 3:11 pm

RotoTimes said COL expected him back in early June on May 10th but everything I have read since then suggests that he won't be back until late June/early July. I think SportsLine is correct. :-/
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 25, 2004 3:13 pm

If you click the link on Preston's name in Yahoo you get:

May 25 Preston Wilson has started doing some light running, according to the Denver Post, and the team expects him to return by the end of June. The Rockies' center fielder is recovering from arthroscopic surgery on his left knee to repair torn cartilage.

Views: With Wilson still a month or so away from returning and Larry Walker nowhere close to ready, fantasy owners can plan on continuing to use Matt Holliday for the immediate future. It will be interesting to see how much the rookie plays when the two veterans make their way back from the disabled list. It might behoove owners to start shopping Holliday around now rather than risking a decline in playing time.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers