Cubs Pitching - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Cubs Pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cubs Pitching

Postby mcmahojl » Tue May 25, 2004 12:56 pm

Are Zambrano and Clement playing over their heads? Do you think they will keep this up? I just enetered a mid-season draft, and these guys are my #1 and #2, with Peavy, O. Perez (Pit), and Joe Kennedy behind him. What do you think? Everything seems fine now, but for how long? Cubs fans?
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue May 25, 2004 1:55 pm

They are both incredibly talented. I think Zambrano will keep it up but I don't think Clement will.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby slomo007 » Tue May 25, 2004 2:00 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:They are both incredibly talented. I think Zambrano will keep it up but I don't think Clement will.

My thoughts exactly.
slomo007
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby callistobass » Tue May 25, 2004 3:07 pm

Clement might keep it up - 15 wins is a possibility... and I am not saying that cause I am a cubbies fan.

Clement is in his free-agent year, and he is likely to keep playing well throughout the year. The only way I see him faultering would be injury...he LOVES to pull his groin, and not in a good way.

And I do appreciate the unbiased views from the cardinals and reds fans! Way to rock!

GO NL CENTRAL!
-Callistobass
callistobass
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby miller24 » Tue May 25, 2004 3:29 pm

I personally believe that Clement will not return with the Cubbies next year because the Cubs want Ryan Dempster to step up.

Watch for Clement to keep up his great pitching because he has something to prove to other teams
miller24
College Coach
College Coach

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue May 25, 2004 3:55 pm

callistobass wrote:And I do appreciate the unbiased views from the cardinals and reds fans! Way to rock!

GO NL CENTRAL!

cards fan here. how in the hell could we lose to glendon rusch? :~(

but to the point, yes, i think zambrano and clement will continue to be good pitchers throughout the year. they wont be as highly ranked as they are now but they should be solid. if you get them you will get a mess of strikeouts. i am expecting something similar to clements 2002 line (3.60 era, 1.20 whip, 215k). i keep thinking sooner or later the league will catch up to zambrano but they never do. a similar line can be expected for zambrano although he will probably be in the 170k range.

for the original poster, i would be somewhat concerned about the lack of a more dependable schilling type #1 starter (depending on the size of your league). although i am optimistic about the cubs pitchers, i wouldnt be comfortable with clement as my number 1 in a 12 team league.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Pogotheostrich » Tue May 25, 2004 3:58 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:cards fan here. how in the hell could we lose to glendon rusch? :~(
I lost one of my final two picks in Wild Weekend on that game. I figured Woody Vs. Rusch, the Cards should score at least 5. Ugly game for the redbirds.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 337)

Postby j_d_mcnugent » Tue May 25, 2004 4:03 pm

Pogotheostrich wrote:
j_d_mcnugent wrote:cards fan here. how in the hell could we lose to glendon rusch? :~(
I lost one of my final two picks in Wild Weekend on that game. I figured Woody Vs. Rusch, the Cards should score at least 5. Ugly game for the redbirds.

i told my cub fan friends thats the game the cards would most definitely lose because it is the one in which they probably should have won the most. i predicted rusch would mystefy the cards for seven innings (he went 7.2 i think). the cards seem to have a lot of trouble with pitchers that they should be able to pound.
back from the dead
j_d_mcnugent
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Elohim » Tue May 25, 2004 4:21 pm

What do you guys think Clement's final WHIP will be? Right now he's at 1.06 but his career WHIP is 1.38.

Based on his career WHIP, most people would say that he'll end the year around 1.20 - 1.25, but does anyone think he can keep it under 1.15?
Elohim
College Coach
College Coach

Postby mcmahojl » Tue May 25, 2004 4:29 pm

Thanks for the info from all you NL Central fans...Im currently looking for a dominant #1 SP.
"I live for this game. If baseballs went well with eggs, Id eat them for breakfast..."
mcmahojl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers