In first but not by much- suggestions appreciated - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

In first but not by much- suggestions appreciated

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

In first but not by much- suggestions appreciated

Postby bjm97 » Tue May 25, 2004 9:43 am

10 team daily roster moves H2H non keeper league with these stats H, R, HR, RBI, SB, BB, K, TB, A, E, AVG, OPS, W, CG, SV, R, BB, K, ERA, WHIP.

After sitting comfortably out front for the whole season I have seen my lead slip to 3 games over the second place team. With Prior returning in a few weeks I need to drop/trade a player. Also, there is a deep FA wire I was looking for suggestions on who to package in a 2/1 and what areas to improve (maybe 1st base?). What areas does the cafe see my needing help + who to pick up.

First the WW talent.
bats Overbay, Feliz, V Martinez, LeCroy, Barrett, Kearns, Mackowiak, Bay, Gerut, Konerko, Ford, Valentin, Nix, B Williams,

SP Rogers, Kennedy, Wilson, Oliver Perez, C Lee, Milton, H Ramirez, Lackey, Radke, Arroyo, Sele, C Carpenter (same guy who had a 5.28 ERA last season?), Garland, Hampton (has he finally started to pitch well), DuBose, Benson

RP Adams, Field, Betancourt

My team-
C Lopez
1 Huff
2 Soriano
3 Rolen
SS Tejada
OF Manny, Berkman, M Cabrera,
Util- Pods/Castilla
Bench- Hunter, Dye, R White

SP Hudson
SP Hudson
SP Beckett
RP Percival
RP Rhodes
RP Kolb
P M Rivera
P C Zambrano
BN Webb
BN Padilla
BN Santana
BN Burnett
DL Prior
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Warpigs » Tue May 25, 2004 10:54 am

Overall, a solid team. I would worry about Huff at 1b. He is the best talent of anyone possible on your team for that position, and better than the waiver wire options in a normal year -- but right now he's still in a bit of a slump. I'd consider going after Overbay -- who is still pretty hot and driving in runs like a madman.

Other than that, all teams and players go through slumps. As long as you feel you have the best team, sometimes it's just a matter of waiting it all out. It appears you have a solid team top to bottom. Just a matter of time before you're blowing the competition away. For now, rotate in the hot hands and you'll do fine.
Warpigs
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby pokerplaya » Tue May 25, 2004 11:58 am

Your team is very well balanced. There isn't a lot I would do here. One idea would be to drop Dye, pick up Overbay, and start Overbay over Huff until Huff gets hot. Overbay has been great all year, and doesn't look to be slowing down.
pokerplaya
Kitchen Staff
Kitchen Staff

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 9)

Postby GM Goodwrench 29 » Tue May 25, 2004 11:59 am

I would think about Dropping Santana from the pitching staff but that leave me two guys coming off DL. With out any question Dye for Overbay. Dye has fallen out his early pace and if is 1/2 of what Sexson was las t year Mil you cant go wrong here Overbay
GM Goodwrench 29
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby bibsybob » Tue May 25, 2004 3:00 pm

Very strong team all around. The pitching and offense are both tremendous! I would suggest pickin up v. martinez cuz im sold on him as well as kearns and dropping white and hunter. Then trade away j. lopez to strengthen whatever else u want, maybe another stud or an upgrade at 1st, becuz to tell u the truth, i c v. mart having a season in that cleanup spot not too far off in terms of production from what i believe is an overrated javy lopez. You could also pick up oliver perez because he is gonna be this years "brandon webb" in my honest opinion.
bibsybob
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby bjm97 » Wed May 26, 2004 10:22 am

I like Overbay, Vmart, Kearns and Oliver Perez but am torn between who to drop. Also, I will need to drop a player when Prior comes off the DL. Which of the above are the best options and is there consensus on who to drop?
bjm97
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby MushuCrew » Wed May 26, 2004 10:38 am

Nice team, I'd consider dropping RonDL White for Overbay and sit Huff til he turns it around (might be Burrell 2003 though). Love your pitching staff and wouldn't change it for now.
MushuCrew
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team