Boston folks - Green Monster question - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Boston folks - Green Monster question

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby pilambp » Tue May 25, 2004 11:27 am

I think the best place for you to look is Ace Tickets (http://www.aceticket.com/aceticket/redsox_tickets.htm). They go around and hunt down extra tickets for Sox games and sell them marked up. They have random tickets for the games, so you'd have to check what they have available for the games you plan to go to. Monster seats are hard for scalpers to get ahold of because of the lottery. They made it so that you can only enter once per mailing address, and verified that upon winning the tickets, so scalpers couldn't stuff the box.
pilambp
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby patriot79 » Tue May 25, 2004 11:47 am

jebatzel wrote:Yeah would have been cool to see Manny's last 2 homeruns he crushed over the Monster.

I was at the Friday night game when Manny crushed that pitch to take the lead. Then they got 5 more runs in the 8th. That was one of the best games I've been to since Pedro beat the shit of of Zimmer last October. !+)
patriot79
College Coach
College Coach

Postby frog99 » Tue May 25, 2004 2:25 pm

the general asking price of the scalpers last time i was in boston was $200 a seat. but you can plan to spend more than that considering during the summer the prices of scalpers go up. And it might be hard to find a scalper who has them.
Image The Glory Days.
frog99
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Pick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Green Monster » Tue May 25, 2004 2:25 pm

Issyg67 - I've had seats up on the Monster twice now (once last year and once this year) and once up on the new RF Roof Seats. The RF seats are awesome...there's a bar up there and tables shaped like home plate. Its a great experience, but if you have to go one way or the other...how can you pass up sitting on the Green Monster? That Wall is legendary. I've been to hundreds of sox games and have sat everywhere imaginable in that park and I cannot think of a better place to watch a game. The view is amazing, both of the city and of the ballpark. Its not like sitting in the bleachers where you feel like you are far away....you are right on top of the action. Even if you can only get standing room tickets up there....the experience is not lost...there's plenty of room.

Getting tickets is a different story. Its the hardest ticket to get in boston. AceTickets is one of the few places you can get them. Alot of the scalpers outside of Fenway work for AceTickets but they rarely sell the Monster seats outside the park.

Your best option may be to buy a cheap seat....walk up to the kid at stairs of the Monster and give him $10-20 bucks for every person you are with. Don't ask him how much, dont let him hesitate to say something...just give him the cash and keep going.

Also, if you are visiting in July there's a couple things you should know. The DNC is here and the entire city is getting shut down the week of July 26th-30th. Its going to be tough to get around during that time frame do to security reasons. The Yankees are here on the 23rd for the weekend as well.

good luck!
Green Monster
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby issyg67 » Tue May 25, 2004 2:32 pm

Thanks for all the replies, guys, I appreciate the help. I'll be long gone once the DNC gets there, I'll be in Boston July 8-11.

I knew the tickets would cost some bucks, but it's hard to even find them online.
issyg67
College Coach
College Coach

Postby red sox rule!!! » Tue May 25, 2004 4:27 pm

I'm a boston fan and i go to the games a lot at fenway. I never hear scaplers selling tickets ontop of monster. best bet ebay or scalper.
red sox rule!!!
College Coach
College Coach

Postby SuperHippo » Tue May 25, 2004 4:46 pm

Even though I am an Oakland fan that lives in Vermont ( :-? ) I love going to Fenway. I would love to get seats on the Monster or RF roof. Back in the 70's my dad went with a friend around the country to different ball parks. When they went to Fenway one of the security guards there let them watch from the RF roof before there were seats.
SuperHippo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby monybaggs » Tue May 25, 2004 5:34 pm

another good spot is http://www.craigslist.org Ive seen monster seats for sale there in the past
monybaggs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers